IGNORED

10-Year-Old Driver/3W vs 2019/2020 Models

Note: This thread is 1257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have Callaway FT-IZ driver and Tour Edge Exotics XCG 3 wood. I hit them about 235 and 205 yards total. Are 2019/2020 drivers and 3 woods much longer and more forgiving? If you have made a switch recently, did you see a major improvement?

Edited by khalespace

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

From what I understand, your best swing coupled with the best centered strike is going to be more or less the same. There are limitations on drivers, so the absolute peak performance is only incrementally better. The big gains in technology are going to be on off-center strikes. Newer drivers are going to perform considerably better when you don't make a great swing or great contact, so your misses will be better and your standard deviations will shrink. (Granted, this video includes one driver that has been fitted and one off the shelf, but the conclusions are the same)

The same guys also do tests of all the major OEM drivers vs past models and come to basically the same conclusion. This is the Ping version, but they did it for most manufacturers if you want to see more.

• Like 1

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 10-Year-Old Driver/3W vs 2019/2020 Models
Note: This thread is 1257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!