IGNORED

Favorite Stretch Of Holes

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is similar to the Favorite Hole thread, and if it gets moved there, it’s ok with me. What’s your favorite stretch of holes you’ve played? Ideally a stretch of three or four. For me, I LOVED holes 14 through 17 at UNC Finley. 

No. 14: This was a short par 3 (something like 160 from the championship tees, around 140 from the blue tees where we played) which is over a creek and a small pot bunker to a green that, from the tee, looks about half as deep as it really is.

No. 15: A long par 4 (can stretch to play 500 yards, usual tips around 460, around 410 from blues) that plays a good deal shorter due to a downhill tee shot and a slightly downhill approach. There’s also water down the entire left side of the hole not far off the fairway.

No. 16: This is a midrange par 4 (around 420 from tips, 360 blues) where you’re hitting over a huge marsh-like area with bunkers looming on the right, but the further left you hit, the further you must carry it. The approach is a club to a club and a half uphill to a shallow-ish green. Also the No. 1 handicap hole.

No. 17: Definitely my favorite hole on the course, and easily top five favorite holes period. This one is a par 5 (560 from tips, about 510 from blues). Nothing special on the tee shot, but then it doglegs right and you’re presented with a split fairway. The green is two-tiered, but the high side is on the left. Thus, the left fairway leads to the high side and the right fairway leads to the low side. If the pin is on the low tier and you’re on the high tier, good luck. From there, keeping it on the green is no small achievement.

I was thoroughly enjoying the course up till the 14th, but then that four-hole stretch took me to a whole new level. The views from the 15th and 16th tees are truly spectacular, especially 16. 

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do not get to play it enough but if asked about my top 3 I would choose 16-18 at Hualalai. 16 par 4 at 440 yards playing towards the ocean, slight bent to the right, little water on right, 17 par 3 with 163 yards running parallel to the shoreline, and then 18, a 410 yard par 4 with an over water carry to a fairway running right to left. Always leaves me wanting more. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

I'll suggest two stretches, one of which is in @dagolfer18's backyard.  That one is at MidPines, say holes 14 to 18.  14 is a medium-short par 4, slightly uphill, with deep bunkers and a serious false front.  15 is a downhill par-5, reachable if your tee shot catches the slope just right, but the second shot off a downhill right-to-left lie is pretty demanding.  16 is really downhill, medium-long par 4 that turns left, 17 goes gently uphill and bends a little right.  Finally, 18 is downhill off the tee, and back up to a tough green with the hotel just behind.  

The other stretch is 3 to 5 at Royal Dornoch.  This is interesting because for each hole, you tee off from near the top of the ridge to a fairway below, each one slopes slightly to the right, and its a little uphill to each green.  There's a steep hill to the left, and there's a drop-off and/or bunkers to the right of each fairway.  But each one is just different enough to make them a nice run.  #3 has the green aligned pretty close to the line of the fairway, a straighforward shot.  But for #4, the green feels alighed a little front-right to back-left, so it might be good to favor the right side of the fairway.  #5 is shorter, but has a long narrow green that favors a shot from the left edge.  Add #6 in, a lovely par-3 with the gorse-covered hillside behind, its as good a stretch of holes as I know of

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 1227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!