IGNORED

Concealed carry while golfing?

DirtCheap
Note: This thread is 5879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am against the right to bear (bare?) arms

dang quick spell check...lol

I have never understood American gun culture, or the 'need' to have a gun some of the participants in this thread have shown.

I don't feel the 'need' to own a gun. I 1) feel it's my right and 2) want to have the protection that is afforded me by that right

It almost like you have an inferiority complex, my gun is bigger than yours, maybe?.

My primary carry arms are sub-compacts...so there goes that theory.

Obviously I have never looked in to this subject so can not comment factually, this is all opinion. Despite what you say England is doing fine thanks without guns the 'rise in gun crimes' you speak of is isolated cases, mainly in city centres with uneducated and unfairly treated minorities, these levels of crimes would only increase if guns became readily available.

I'll just use your quote as it sums it up: "Obviously I have never looked in to this subject "

I am up for discussion of my opinion, but please do not flame me or try to shout me down as I have said nothing controversial or offensive!.

Ok...

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if somebody ever wanted to shoot me during a round of golf, it would be me

don't be hasty and use the gun after a bad shot, score, or round

this message about safe gun control on the course is brought to you by eore.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

please do not flame me or try to shout me down as I have said nothing controversial or offensive!.

As passionate as people are about this, so far there hasn't been any real flaming... Not so far as I can see.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

That theory always suprised me.

Why does everyone who is anti-gun always compare them with male parts? http://www.gunowners.org/wv36.htm

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

dang quick spell check...lol

No spell check, I was just unsure of the spelling so put both options down

I don't feel the 'need' to own a gun. I 1) feel it's my right and 2) want to have the protection that is afforded me by that right

This is one of the issues that I can't grasp, you feel the need to protect yourself (which is fair enough, obviously) but why do something that makes you as bad as the attacker?

wasn't a theory per say, simply a minor observation.

I'll just use your quote as it sums it up: "Obviously I have never looked in to this subject "

Do you say this to imply my opinion is less valid? I hope not.

Ok...

Can't remember why you wrote this

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

That theory always suprised me.

I wouldn't say I'm anti gun, I dislike the idea of the masses owning guns.

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

is there a relationship between race, socio economic group, golf, and gun ownership?

Unfortunately, you can't discuss that without being labled a racist.

Unfortunately, you can't discuss that without being labled a racist.

It takes some one who is very insecure to use the race card in a calm and controlled discussion.

i often wonder about Tiger's safety at the big events..id be interested to know what arrangements and checks are made for him-because barring the unthinkable, he will break all records.

Are you afraid someone is going to try and jack Mr Woods on the back 9?

It takes some one who is very insecure to use the race card in a calm and controlled discussion.

Unfortunately, there are those who do.

For the record, I'm pro-RKBA, I'm pro-self-defense, against helplessness, and I don't own a gun. I've fired guns - not counting paintball or Duck Hunt (NES) - a total of two days in my life (not continuously).

As passionate as people are about this, so far there hasn't been any real flaming... Not so far as I can see.

A rarity on the internet for any passionate topic, particularly firearms. Bravo to both sides. If only we could be this dispassionate after bad shots on the course, we'd all have better handicaps!

This is one of the issues that I can't grasp, you feel the need to protect yourself (which is fair enough, obviously) but why do something that makes you as bad as the attacker?

How is using a gun in defense as bad as using one in offense?

is there a relationship between race, socio economic group, golf, and gun ownership?

I doubt it. There isn't a strong relation between race and golf, nor is there an exact one between socio economic group and golf, save for that the poorest don't really play.

I wouldn't say I'm anti gun, I dislike the idea of the masses owning guns.

I dislike the masses owning guns, too. There isn't a single effective thing I, you, or the government can do about them owning guns, though. So we go to the next best thing.

i often wonder about Tiger's safety at the big events..id be interested to know what arrangements and checks are made for him-because barring the unthinkable, he will break all records.

I think when he came out on TOUR, he had additional security precautions added. Didn't he threaten to go to the European Tour if his safety here couldn't be guaranteed?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

it happened to JFK with all that security- it only takes one idiot!

Jay_B ..when i referred to race i was thinking of the persecution of, and attitudes towards minority groups...i don't wish to be labelled as a racist.

it happened to JFK with all that security- it only takes one idiot!.

Proof positive the government nor the police can protect you.

Take responsibility for yourself.
Jay_B ..when i referred to race i was thinking of the persecution of, and attitudes towards minority groups...i don't wish to be labelled as a racist.

I didn't see your question as racist at all..

However, any person who trys to answer the question, no matter how well they back it up with factual statistics, will be labeled a racist. Its unfortunate, but it happens.

it happened to JFK with all that security- it only takes one idiot!

Sorry you have misunderstood, I was backing you up, I feel that your question was valid, and that anyone who called you racist because of your question was insecure in their own argument. I don't think you are racist in any way or form

How is using a gun in defense as bad as using one in offense?

Because your still

shooting some one

Note: This thread is 5879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!