IGNORED

Concealed carry while golfing?

DirtCheap
Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if im packin and having a bad round, somebodys getting shot.

Which is why some people shouldn't have a gun... You have some anger management issues to deal with.

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Penguin

im just saying that we should not change the way we behave because there have been a few well publicised incidents where people have died.

Let the crooks carry them- i trust the authorities to protect people- they'll end up either ded or in prison with the Aryan Brotherhood and company.

Im sorry-with guns there is always an implicit threat of violence- we shouldn't be using guns to settle the score.

Which is why some people shouldn't have a gun... You have some anger management issues to deal with.

I think thats the point of the license. They (the government) can do background checks and determine if you are a (these are my words) protector or a hurter.

If you're a protector, you get the tools you need to protect. If your a hurter, or you have the potential/temperment to be a hurter, you don't get a license. It also gives you something to lose. If you go out and do somethng like flash your gun at that car that just cut you off, you're gonna lose your license. It's just my opinion, but those who took the time to sit through training and paid the money for the class and federal background check are going to be very careful to protect the opportunity given to them. They are, after all... Protectors..

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

we shouldn't be using guns to settle the score.

Instead of "settle the score," how about "level the playing field?"

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

exactly.

rely on the police???? LOL...now that is funny.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

• Administrator
If preservation of your "one life to live" is what this is all about then there are all kinds of other measures you might want to look into. Like oxygen tanks and kevlar body suits.

You could also choose to never leave your house. The point is that some things are too much of an inconvenience. Carrying a handgun isn't much of an inconvenience. The benefits outweigh the downside by a wide margin (for some people).

It's all about the kind of world you want to live in, or in this case, golf course you want to play on.

No, it's more about recognizing the world in which we DO live, not the world in which we WANT to live in. Do I want a world with no guns? Sure. But we ain't livin' there.

I am against the right to bear (bare?) arms always have been and my opinion will not change regardless of statistics thrown at me (statistics can of course be made to suit any argument), but this is not ignorance, it is my personal opinion.

Summary: "I don't like guns and I'm so set in my ways I won't be swayed by logic, reason, fact, etc." The least you could do is read the stats and books and documents yourself and make a decision. Instead you're plugging your ears and humming.

I have never understood American gun culture, or the 'need' to have a gun some of the participants in this thread have shown.

There's no "need."

It almost like you have an inferiority complex, my gun is bigger than yours, maybe?. Obviously I have never looked in to this subject so can not comment factually, this is all opinion.

Why do you continue to comment? You admit ignorance on the subject, then keep posting. When I don't know about something, I don't assert opinions - I ask questions.

these levels of crimes would only increase if guns became readily available.

That's where you're

provably wrong.
The question is: How many people in this forum have been in a situation in a golf course that they needed a firearm.

Sorry, but you don't get to redefine the question, particularly with something irrelevant. People choose to carry not because of the past, but because of the future.

You are coming across as paranoid and obsessive,

Why are you intent on assigning labels to those with different and - admittedly - more well informed opinions than you?

I'm neither paranoid nor obsessive. I don't "need" guns. I hope never to use it, and the "damage" isn't irreversible. In fact, again, gun ownership can save lives. I mentioned a thousand pages ago something like unarmed victims being 3x more likely to suffer severe injury or death than armed victims.
I have been to Disney World (as you do as a kid) and theres full grown men just carrying guns around a theme park

No, you haven't. Unless you're talking about security personnel.

golf and guns are not compatible- i cannot imagine carrying a piece at my course....insanity must not prevail.

There you go with the labels again. You did it before and it continues. Carrying is not insanity just because you disagree with it.

With the sort of mentality that is being exhibited on this forum its no wonder the world has become a more dangerous place recently.

The world is not a more dangerous place because I own a firearm. It is, particularly for me and my family, a safer place. Furthermore, crime rates rise when gun control laws are enacted. In some countries with incredibly low crime rates, citizens are required to own guns.

It may seem odd, but again, criminologists start off thinking guns = violence and end up coming to the conclusion that guns in fact equate more with safety.
Let the crooks carry them- i trust the authorities to protect people- they'll end up either ded or in prison with the Aryan Brotherhood and company.

And you'll be dead before that. What good will the "authorities" be when you're dead? Or your child is dead?

Im sorry-with guns there is always an implicit threat of violence- we shouldn't be using guns to settle the score.

Nobody's talking about revenge or "settling the score" and I reject the words you're trying to put into my mouth.

Everyone on the gun side of this debate has talked about protection - nothing more. There's no settling of the score, and most of the times a gun is brandished, it goes unused. A large percentage of the time it's used, it's simply to fire a warning shot so the robber (etc.) knows the possible victim isn't bluffing. For those who carry (and again, I don't on a golf course, but one is beside me at night), it's simply a matter of protection and being prepared. It's placing a high enough value on your own life that you take the small, fairly trivial steps to learn to protect yourself. It has nothing to do with violence. It has nothing to do with revenge. It has nothing to do with killing people. You can be lazy and not read some of the books I've told some of you to read, but don't put words in our mouths, and watch your labels. Those who choose to carry are not "insane" or "violent" or "delusional" or whatever other words you've used. This thread's gone on for awhile, and it's repeated itself a few times now. If new on-topic discussion cannot be brought to the table, I'll close the thread soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
And to those who wish to say that "we shouldn't drive a car" because that's more dangerous, carrying is more like buckling your seat belt. A small, insignifcant act that allows us to reasonably continue to do the things we enjoy while potentially making a life-or-death difference.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This thread's gone on for awhile, and it's repeated itself a few times now. If new on-topic discussion cannot be brought to the table, I'll close the thread soon.

Feel free..

I got the answers I was looking for. (and if you could throw a couple good rep points my way to counter the negitive rep I got from some uninformed person, I'd appriciate that too.)

This has been a good topic, but really not worth talking about anymore. The main anti-gun folks are not from America. Not anything against them, but that makes it hard for them to understand our logic, or for us to understand theirs. Being raised in different places with different views have a huge impact on a person's logical thinking, whether we admit it or not.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!