IGNORED

My Swing (Johbo)

JohBo
Note: This thread is 1177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1,5 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 17,2 (average score is 87-93 on home course par 72) 
My typical ball flight is: high fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: hitting behind the ball (semi/half chunks), Accuracy

I have been struggling with the occasional semi chunk with my irons so my goal has been to hit the ball more consistently and also adding more distance. 

I had a couple of lessons to try and fix this. A few key points that I have worked on since those lessons in November is: 

A higher and slower back swing, Placing the ball on the middle of my stance (it use to be slightly forward), Follow through and turn with my swing rather than getting stuck and stretching my arms up.

@iacas

Thanks for the help. 

Old swing at the end of the Swedish golf season (Sept/Oct 2020)

New Swing

Now I hit the ball higher and longer. I have gained about 10-15% extra distance with my irons and a normal shot is now a high draw instead of a fade. 

But I am struggling with my accuracy and the odd left hook. 

Any tips or should I just keep training with my new swing to get more used to it ?

Edited by JohBo

• Administrator

Welcome to TST. Your videos can’t be embedded because of their settings on YouTube.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Welcome to TST. Your videos can’t be embedded because of their settings on YouTube.

Ok..

They work for me so I am not sure which settings I should update. 

And I cannot edit my post on the forum

Edited by JohBo

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, JohBo said:

They work for me so I am not sure which settings I should update. 

They work for you on YouTube. You've likely turned off the setting that allows them to be embedded on other sites.

I get this when I paste the URL in and the site here tries to auto-embed:

image.png

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/

If you change the setting, you can create a new post with embedded videos, and we may even merge that post back up into the first one so your videos are embedded in the page.

P.S. On YouTube, there's an "Allow embedding" checkbox.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Do you have a face-on video?

Can you do this challenge?

• Informative 1

Note: This thread is 1177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!