IGNORED

My Swing (MichaelBourkeITW)

MichaelBourkeITW
Note: This thread is 1145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 37 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 10
My typical ball flight is: a slight draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull hooks. I also can hit a weak high right shot, but that usually lees trouble.

Just getting back into golf after 10 years out of game.  Have played off 3 in early 20's, off 6 in my thirties, and didn't play much in my forties.  I feel like I'm swing as well as when was off 6 so hope just tightening short game and course management will get me near that. I think I flip with my hands (always have to some extent) and looking at videos I reckon it's mostly just lack of flexibility so my turn gets truncated and I lift arms off plane and I can't stay down through the ball.  I've got TPI assessment at physio and am following a program working on mobility.  I believe I'll get improvement out of that alone without any technical change.  Will post back here in a few months and see if there is a change.  Also I'd rather get that sorted before I try implement any changes so I'm not limited in what I can attempt.  So I am only working on 80 yards and in as I feel like my technique there is less dependent on strength and mobility.

Wanted to get these down as a baseline and record of my 50yo self swinging a club. I've posted stats for both DTL swings.  They are both about as good as I can swing now.  The seven iron is how I'd like to launch it consistently, but my average carry is closer to 155 and I typically launch it higher.  My driver carry is normally closer to 230.

Videos: 

202102077iron.thumb.jpg.9387d945c437166fe720250ea4600548.jpg

Face On

20210207Driver.thumb.jpg.ed3b5d9b708d8efe4b62a278fe4afd79.jpg

• billchao changed the title to My Swing (MichaelBourkeITW)

More hip turn earlier in the backswing and keep turning up in the downswing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Grip is too weak, face is open. Shaft behaves as you'd expect from someone trying not to lose it to the right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Grip is too weak, face is open. Shaft behaves as you'd expect from someone trying not to lose it to the right.

Thanks.  Did give a try.  Feels very uncomfortable with iron less so with the driver.  I want persevere with this.  Report back in a couple months.

16 hours ago, saevel25 said:

More hip turn earlier in the backswing and keep turning up in the downswing.

thanks, the grip change actually helps with this.

Note: This thread is 1145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!