IGNORED

Myrtle in April

Note: This thread is 5848 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will be in Myrtle the week ending 4-20(for ganjagolfer

do you guys know eachother from of the fourm

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

do you guys know eachother from of the fourm

I am guessing you are asking if I know ganjagolfer???(hard to tell, had to read it a few times). No, I don't..that number is just significant for a name like that.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Day 4: Carolina National, having played this course last year I felt a little familiar with this course. I played what was my back nine last year as my front nine this year, then played a different nine for the back. This is a 27 hole Fred Couples Signature Golf Facility(sounds official huh?). The weather was heavy rain and thunderstorms last night so I expected there to be quit a bit of standing water on the course. However I was completely suprised how little water there was on the course from the rain. Fairways and greens were still firm.

The course was in excellent condition, very green this time of year. Greens were extremely fast compared to the 3 other courses we played, I would rate them a 9/10, mostly because I like fast greens. But they were well contoured with a lot of suttle breaks, you could leave yourself some tough putts if you were on the wrong part of the greens. I had a 4 putt on one that had a devilish pin placement on edge of a ridge. Whoever cut that pin this morning was in a bad mood. Tees and fairways were better than average and had plush green grass, I'll say 8/10. The bunkers I can't rate due to the rain, many had water in them and had not been prepared by the grounds crew that early in the morning. The few that had been raked seemed average. The one thing I did find strange was that the "rough" was actually a tighter lie than the fairway, it was green just very short. Overall I would give this course an 8.5/10 and put this one on the highly recomended list.

The course requires a lot of different shots, but from the middle tees it was on the short side and didn't require a lot of drivers or 4 woods. 2 of the par 5's played very short and were easily reachable. On the par 5 9th hole, playing slightly downhill and downwind, I hit Driver 310 and had 117 left(numbers from using a skycaddie), seemed more like a long par 4. I think I enjoyed this round the best, not just because I scored best here, but it was nice to feel familiar with the course and I seemed to relax a little more.

Well thus ends my vacation so I am off, I'm tired and sunburnt. Thanks to all for your input on the courses.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Thanks, we don't hear enough about Myrtle around here

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

I play courses closer to South Myrtle and Surfside beach. TPC is great, Blackmoore is outstanding, The Witch and the Wizard are challenging. THeres one thats in Myrtle thats all water but i cant remember the name of it off hand. Its one of the nicest looking courses ive ever been to.

Dymo
R5 5 Wood
Highbore 2 Hybrid
R7 Irons 3-SW
60° Lob58° CG12 White Hot #5 Nxt Tour App for BB Tour

The Mrs and I leave in 2 weeks and will be playing our customary 36 every day for a week.This yaers Semi lineup Barefoot Love and Dye,Tru Blu and Caledonia,Carolina National and Rivers Edge,Tidewater and The Dunes,Arrowhead and Avocet andCrow Creek and Thistle.Of course on Friday night it is Pelicans game!!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Hey Flap. I've played all of the courses on your list except Crow Creek. That's a real nice lineup of courses. I was in MB in March and played BF Love, Rivers Edge and Thistle. All were fantastic and in great shape. Rivers Edge, Caledonia and the Dunes are my top three favorite courses in MB.

Here is a link to the photos from the March trip.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/562767212CyJfgZ

Have a great time.

PS do you still post at FGI? Didn't you have a place at Wild Wing?

Yeap thats me and I am selling my land at Wild Wing and buying a house in Loris SC in Oct when I retire.Still post on other site from time to time but met so good people here and walked them around the Black last year.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Flap u r gunna have a great time time. I went in Januray and played THe Dunes, Grande Dunes, King's North, The Dye @ BF, and Tidewater. I think you will like the Dunes the best. When I was there in January it was already in as good a shape as the private club i work at is in July.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 5848 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!