IGNORED

Inconsistency

Doctorfro
Note: This thread is 5895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have the ability to shoot anywhere from 70 to 90. I find it amazing how one day I can go out and strike the ball well and shoot a respectable score and the next I am fighting with my driver and can't hit a green to save my life. Now it does seem that every time I go out anymore the wind seems to be howling. I tend to hit the ball high and trying to hit the ball low gets me in more trouble. But my scoring is starting to drive me crazy.

Is there anyone who has been inconsistent like me and found the key to keeping the scores under 80?

im sure everyone is inconsistent to some extent, i mean, its golf. But im just like you, your not the only one. I think the key to shooting under 80, for me anyways, is to focus less on technique, and more on the mental aspect of the game. Breaking 80 involves strong course management and not a lot of negative swing thoughts in your head. I know when I think too much about my swing, I will hack the place up. Keep it simple, good luck!
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

For a clue on consistency watch the Korean women on the LPGA tour. There are always several at the top of the leaderboard.

They have the most compact pendulum swings devoid of clubhead manipulation. Sun Hwa Lee is poetry in motion. Is it possible to have a more fluid swing than Ernie Els ?

I fight complexity in my job every day as a software engineer. The quick fix always seems to add complexity. It always takes more thought and effort to find the simplest solution. Then when you find it, invariably someone says 'that was obvious anybody could have come up with that'.

I have the ability to shoot anywhere from 70 to 90. I find it amazing how one day I can go out and strike the ball well and shoot a respectable score and the next I am fighting with my driver and can't hit a green to save my life. Now it does seem that every time I go out anymore the wind seems to be howling. I tend to hit the ball high and trying to hit the ball low gets me in more trouble. But my scoring is starting to drive me crazy.

Look no further!!! You hit the nail on the head with the title of this thread!

I normally shoot in the low to mid 90's and I can say without a doubt that I have the ability to shoot anywhere from 70 to 90 (best round ever for me was an 82). Most on this forum will probably say they have the 'ability' to do what you described...the important part is consistency - it's what separates good golfers from bad ones...in fact, I'm sure anyone here COULD break 70 - consistently tho?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I'm the same way... its really all how you approach the round. I'll have rounds where I can't miss a fairway but I'll hit approach shots to the front of the green when the flag is in the back and vice versa. It's pretty frustrating but hey, we all want to play the best game we can but we all have jobs and other committments that take away our time and we arent able to practice as much as we should or would like to

someone else mentioned course management and strategy and thats dead on, with a 6 or so handi you obviously have some game but its important to know when to take that 3 off the tee or lay up instread of pushing the limits

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

That is what ticks me off the most about my game, so I know right where you coming from.

I can't keep it together for a full 18 holes ever. I have had about 10 or 15 rounds where I have been at -1/par/+1 for about 6 or 7 holes, and I will always blow it. I always seem to string a couple of doubles, maybe a triple together, and then I can't get my head back in the game.

Oh well though, a bad day golfing is better than a good day at work.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

someone else mentioned course management and strategy and thats dead on, with a 6 or so handi you obviously have some game but its important to know when to take that 3 off the tee or lay up instread of pushing the limits

That's the problem. I try to play smart and it blows up in my face. Just frustratin', ya know?

Oh, and pjsync, I have shot 70 before. and shot 74 a month ago

Note: This thread is 5895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!