IGNORED

Sharpro Grips

Note: This thread is 4943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used the non cord version of these sharpro's when I re-gripped my last set of irons, they felt just like the golf pride ones. I can't comment on how long they will last though because I sold the irons a couple of months later. I would certainly use them again.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I haven't played them before but used to always put knock-off grips on my clubs. In my experience, the knock-offs are great when they are new, but they wear out much faster. I used to use Tour Velvet knock-offs and would change them twice a year. When they go bad, it is really bad. The cost was actually a little less than getting the original, even changing them twice. Now I just pay a little extra and put the real grips on and change them once a year.

Now, if you don't play a whole bunch, and you can't tell that much difference anyway, it is probably a great deal. I know plenty of people who will never change grips, just because they don't know the difference and just don't care about their grips. If you play a lot, they are going to wear out before you know it and you will be doing it all over again.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Sharpro are not knockoff anything. The company (Sharpro) actually makes many "name brand" grips for the OEM's. You may be playing them right now and not know it.

They are quality grips. As good and as long lasting as just about anything on the market. You could pay more, but why?

I've used them on my clubs for years.

http://www.sharprogrips.com/index.html

Buying tip: You can find them on Overstock for less than that auction. Look for an Overstock coupon too....

• 2 months later...
I was on TGW looking around and I stumbled across these grips.

Look to be very similar to the Golf Pride new decades, anyone have experience with these?

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...EGORY_ID=11183

In my SQ tour bag

Cleveland Launcher 460 10.5* stiff
Dymo 3 wood stiff
3-E Apex Blades 1/2" up stiff VR 52* 56* Aussie IBF tour edition 34" w/ ping grip SG5

havent tried the real new decades, but these sharpros are my favorite grips so far. I prefer em to tour velvets and the other standards. prefer them over winns as well.

all other grips i would consider as an alternative are at least twice as much in price so seems like these will be my grip of choice for a long while.

(*tip!: wait til TGW has their holiday sales and they go on sale for about 2.70 a grip or so)

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Sharpro's quality is right there with all the top "NAME" brands without the high cost. Don't let anybody tell you different. Also check into KARMA grips at Hirekogolf.com

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I think they're knockoffs of the New Decades and I'd just get the real thing rather than potentially waste money on a copycat.

to befair ... sharpro owns the patents to the multicompound technology and they sold rights to make similar grips to Golf Pride ... if anything Golf Pride is a knock off of the Sharpro tech.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

to befair ... sharpro owns the patents to the multicompound technology and they sold rights to make similar grips to Golf Pride ... if anything Golf Pride is a knock off of the Sharpro tech.

Yeah, what he said, Thanks.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

With Golf Pride's large PGA Tour presence, and "knock-off" rights to make the same grip as the Sharpro.. you now have your formula for why GP grips cost 2-3 times as much as other grips, that perform just as good.

Why pay more.. unless you are brand •••••

I just got my whole set re-gripped with Sharpro multicompounds. So far so good with performance after 3 weeks of 3-4 times a week play. The test is going to be what they feel like after 3-4 months of this type of usage. At this moment i would not hesitate to buy again.

I've used the Sharpro multi-compound grips for several months now. They are well worth the money. I also play 3-4 rounds/week and they still have very good grip and tack. Much better than many other grips I've seen after this amount of play. Would not hesitate to buy them again. New, I think the Sharpro's and GP's feel a little different but can't say one is better than the other.

I've been using mine for a few months as well. On average I'd say a round every other day..... not too much driving range.

They do tend to pick up dirt/grime and start slipping.... They get pretty bad for me after 1.5-2 months.... but they clean up very nicely and as good as new after.

I think the GP version looks to be of a SLIGHTLY better quality... And I like their more diverse color options. I get my sharpros about 2.75 a grip.... I'd happily pay maybe a buck more per grip for the GP version..... but any more than that and I can't justify it.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

• 11 months later...
I know the whole saying you get what you pay for, but I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with these grips. I am looking @ regripping my set of clubs cause the stock grips are starting to wear. I was considering using the Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compund Grips but they are so damn expensive. So before spending double the price of these Sharpro grips I was just wondering somones thoughts of them. Thanks in advance for the help.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes they are worth it. I've been playing them since early this spring and don't plan switching to anything else. They were really nice during the heat of the summer when my hands stayed wet. I just bought a set of Bridgestone J38 irons and will be re-gripping them with the Sharpro's very soon. I was worried about durability but that hasn't been a problem. I play 2-4 times a week and would have no problem getting a year out of the grips I put on last spring. They are still in very good shape. You can't go wrong with them.

I too have used the Sharpro Multi Compound, black and white. They have played very well for me and I will continue to purchase them and put them on my clubs.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

Cool thats what i was looking for. I put in a bid on some Golf Pride NDMC so if I dont get those I will def be buying some of the Shapros MC.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I started this same thread about a month ago, and I decided to get sharpros. I kinda like them better than golf prides since they are softer, so they are defiantly worth it. I just bought more for $45 bucks off ebay for 13.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Note: This thread is 4943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!