IGNORED

Wow never had a hook like this

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've played seriously for 2 yrs now, i guess serious just means i play at least twice a week :) 1st year had a slice, last year back and forth, and since the start of this year i've had nothing but terrible hooks. I tried a more weak grip and tried really swinging R to but what the real problem is, is that my arms are so far ahead of my torso! so annoying! i even realize it and i can't seem to fix it. I took a longer back swing and tried to get my hips going faster and that has helped but i am still back and forth between straight and hook.

Any tips from you guys on how to slow down my arms and speed up my waist?

I've also been trying to really get my L shoulder behind the ball.

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

I've played seriously for 2 yrs now, i guess serious just means i play at least twice a week :) 1st year had a slice, last year back and forth, and since the start of this year i've had nothing but terrible hooks. I tried a more weak grip and tried really swinging R to but what the real problem is, is that my arms are so far ahead of my torso! so annoying! i even realize it and i can't seem to fix it. I took a longer back swing and tried to get my hips going faster and that has helped but i am still back and forth between straight and hook.

You could try the following to speed up your hips.

De-flare your back foot (The more your back foot is flared the more your hips can turn in the back swing. The more they turn in the backswing the father they will have to travel in the downswing. Decreasing your back foot flare will make them turn less in the backswing meaning they will turn sooner in the downswing.) You could try narrowing your stance. Wide stances promote lateral motion with the hips, and narrowing it will promote rotational movement. A good book with recommendations on how to make modifications to speed up, or slow down different body parts during the swing is The LAWs of the Golf Swing written by Mike Adams, T.J. Tomasi, and Jim Suttie.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

thanks for the comment. haha i like how your avitar is the "weekend duffer" but your handicap is 2.7 lol!

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!