IGNORED

Should Louis Have Laid Up on #18 at Torrey?

Should Louis had Lay-Up on #18?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Louis had Lay-Up on #18?

• Yes
    • No

I agree with him laying up. But he made a mistake on the layup by hitting it too close to the green. He needed to lay back and hit a full shot just beyond the pin with backspin. That would have been his best chance at eagle. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It wasn’t a particularly good lie, either. I believe that’s what they said on the broadcast. I think he made the right play. What he needed to do was not put himself in a situation where h

No politics please….😂

I forgot how he reacted to the eventual birdie.  Probably the most disappointed "I just made a birdie on the 72nd hole of the U.S. Open" ever.

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I'm watching this video and he mentions "he got himself a little more out onto the front of his feet" and "he's got himself more centred in to back of his feet" in the other comparison https://youtu.be/S8dkDx8YVkI?t=242  Does that mean he puts more weight on the front of his feet than the back?   One more question: how do you create more space for the right arm during impact as mentioned here? He's more tipped over which allows this , I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8dkDx8YVkI?t=280 Would reducing how much your right forearm can rotate clockwise help with this, duringthe end of your backswing?
    • Sounds like he may have originated from my neck of the woods,   ‘Awayanbileyerheid’ is a fairly humorous response to someone ,  sort of like ,get lost your talking drivel (nonsense) If you want to get an insight of the meaning , Google ‘ Parliamo Glasgow’ -;))
    • I don’t think there is anything wrong with watching YouTube golf instruction videos, if and only if you stick to one or two instructors. I personally like Matt Fisher and Danny Maude myself.    Funny story: I played golf with three guys I haven’t seen in person since about 2003 today. Anyway one of the guys I played with, reminded me of a video I watched on posture recently, with Danny Maude. Me as a low single figure handicap my arms look like / at address down the line. You want them like | or \ slightly on the latter. My posture sucks… and I shot 1 under on the back today.
    • Can you share some information about your computer, such as OS?
    • There used to be a joke about the instructional articles in Golf Digest.  It might still be there, I haven't subscribed in years.  Anyway, every odd-numbered month, the lesson would be "fix your slice," but what they wouldn't tell you is that it'd cost you 10 yards.  In even numbered months, they'd tell you how to gain 10 yards on your tee shot, but not tell you that it'd cause you to slice. YouTube instruction is a bit like that.  You'll get conflicting information that may or may not cancel out.  Find someone reputable and get lessons for you not for some generic you. If you need someone online to give you something to work on, and don't feel like spending the money for something quality like Evolvr (hey, money was tight when I took up golf, I understand), at least make a "My Swing" thread and try what ends up being suggested for you.  The first time I did this, I was shocked at how someone could watch a few swings on video and give me good advice of what to practice that resulted in some improvement.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Armando Araujo
      Armando Araujo
      (46 years old)
    2. chris3putt
      chris3putt
      (54 years old)
    3. CrazyHorsePete
      CrazyHorsePete
      (34 years old)
    4. DHak20
      DHak20
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...