IGNORED

Video Lesson - Mental Connection

Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey there everyone. I finally got another video put together. Sorry I've been so busy but I just haven't had any time.

In this video I wanted to talk about a technique I use with my students and myself to help make the mental connection with the physical. This will help you recognize when you are doing what you want to do, and permits you to produce the same swings with the ball as you do in your practice swing.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

Thanks. I really enjoy watching your videos on youtube. I am going to try some of your drills out next time I get a chance to go to the range. If I recorded my swing, could I put it on youtube and have you and others analyze it and give me tips?

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

Thanks a bunch.
That gave me another checkpoint for my practice routine.
I'll devote about 20 balls a session to feeling my arms in front of me at the finish.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

It amazes me how little people actually observe what they're doing and evaluate it for what it's worth. We tend to get so locked up in how the ball flies that we don't even pay attention to what we did in order to make it happen. This will help you evaluate your results much more plainly.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

Thats a very nice drill, just did some of it in my living room. its a little difficult because i finish with both of my hands behind my ear so it kinda felt like i had to force it back there with the slower motion. In regular my full swing they just end up back there without me thinking about it.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!