IGNORED

New Ping Karsten Series Putter

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone tried these putters? I'm thinking about getting the Anser one.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I tried the anser model at the Golftown store and was really impressed by it. I just bought a scotty studio series this year which I like better but I don't think there is a better value for putters than the Karsten series. It had a great feel and has some technology behind it that I found quite impressive but when you see the sticker price its really amazing. Probably in the top 3 of putters that I tried regardless of price so if you like the style I'd definitely recommend it.

In Ozone blue/argyle bag:

Driver: G10 - 10.5 Grafalloy Prolauch Red Stiff
5 wood: G5 with grafalloy prolaunch blue
Irons 4-Gap: AP2 - Project X 5.5 SW: CG10 56degreeLW: Bob Vokey Spin Milled 60 degreePutter: Studio Style Newport 2 (Custom Shop)Ball: TP Black/Red

I believe the Karstens come in blade or mallet form, right?

If so, I did hit the mallet version at a golf galaxy. They have a very large putting green with slope so it's really easy to figure out whether or not you like it.

The ball felt really good coming off the face and rolled well but I was missing a lot of putts. I don't put that on the putter, that's my own fault. I've used blades forever and I've found it really difficult to putt with anything else.

From my limited experience, though, it did have a good feel and nice roll and the price is right so if mallets are your style I recommend it.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

Good putter if you are looking at the price tag it comes with.

But not including the price factor, it was just ok for me. Still preferred the
G5 putter series or the Redwood better.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I don't think there is a better value for putters than the Karsten series.

Good putter if you are looking if you compare the price tag it comes with..

Exactly. Actually It is my favorite of all the ping models, exept for the redwood series. My personal favorite sub-150 putter. The ball rolls true, but you still get a soft feel from the back side insert. It has the same qualities as my Studio style, just the ball skids a bit more with those putters, and jumps off the face a bit more on the ping for my liking. But great.

Taking a look now. I really like That Karsten Series Piper Putter.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I have one. I bought the anser 2 version about a month ago and it is an awesome putter. I use to play an old manga bronze patend stamped ping anser with a couple of strips of lead tape in the cavity and let me tell you it is just as good -if not better. I think its one of the best putters of any type or price out there. Ping is going to sell those things like hotcakes at 90 bucks a pop. The only thing i didnt like was the winn grip. I got my usual pingman blackout grip put on a day or so after I got it. But wow its a great putter, no shit.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I also own the Anser 2, and agree with the previously stated statements, I think it is a great putter, feels good, looks good, and putts good, and the price makes it that much better (although I did get mine for more then everyone else did )

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I was so disappointed I could not try one out. I needed a new putter (hated my old mallet) in early September, and since the 10 series had came out and I saw the new Karsten style putter on pinggolf.com, I went to Nevada Bob's to try one out. After seeing they did not have any, I asked around and apparently the new putters always come out a few months later than the irons (they had the i10s and g10s all in stock). I settled with the g5i, which I do not regret one bit, but I still wish I could have tried it out, especially for what about 40-50 bucks cheaper than the g5i series was?

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

i just purchased an anser 2 yesterday, after having lost total confidence in my previous putter. haven't taken it out to the real world, but if you want a non-insert/grooved faced putter without spending $200+, this is the way to go.

In my bag

Driver - R5 Type-N 10.5*
Fairway - Burner 3W
Hybrid - Rescue 2 IronIrons - G10 Green Dot 3-UWWedge - V-Foil SW 56*Putter - Karsten Anser 2

i was thinking about getting one as well!
gonna try it a few more times before i buy

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

take my word back
karsten feels muffled.
i like how the i-series feel.
more clicky when i hit the ball

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

I was so disappointed I could not try one out. I needed a new putter (hated my old mallet) in early September, and since the 10 series had came out and I saw the new Karsten style putter on pinggolf.com, I went to Nevada Bob's to try one out. After seeing they did not have any, I asked around and apparently the new putters always come out a few months later than the irons (they had the i10s and g10s all in stock). I settled with the g5i, which I do not regret one bit, but I still wish I could have tried it out, especially for what about 40-50 bucks cheaper than the g5i series was?

I personally prefer the G5i series compared to the Karsten series if that makes you feel any better.

Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!