IGNORED

Bought a Wilson Staff Launchpad Driver

Note: This thread is 908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I’m new to golf in the last few months and my only previous driver experience was a older hand me-down. As in 30 years old or so.

I bought the Wilson launchpad driver yesterday , the slice fighting model  with 13 degrees loft.

It is very forgiving , I was hitting in bounds shots in the 150-180 range on my first few shots , with no driver experience. By the back 9 I was making several shots over 200 yards .  

Today I was able to stay in bounds and managed a 250 yard shot verified by rangefinder and cart gps.

If your having trouble with an older driver or don’t have one at all I’d recommend giving it a shot. I think they run under $300 new and this one was less than $175 as a pristine used one.

It’s so easy to hit I might have been better off with the 10 degree loft one , I would have more rollout perhaps. Regardless I’m pretty happy with it , beats my previous 5 iron/5 wood drive strategy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Very good. Always nice to get a club that works.

Driver - Ping 410+ 12°, Fairway -TM Burner 5W, Hybrid - 3&4 TM Rescue dual, Irons -  Mizuno MX200 5-G, SW - Callaway X Tour, Putter - Odyssey 1W Versa

Note: This thread is 908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!