IGNORED

Who's Your Pick for the Stanley Cup?

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Iacas, do you not realize that Timmo is a defensman? He's not getting paid to score goals. Gonchar is a much better offensive defensman than Timmo, but Timmo is a better defensive defensman.

It's a huge loss for Philly because Pittsburgh already has a great offense. Evgeni Malkin is just a ridiculous player, guy is huge and never gets tired.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why we in Pittsburgh like Geno so much and why the Pens hustled him out of Russia like they did!! He has so much talent and as was said earlier, he never stops!

GO PENS!!

• Administrator
Iacas, do you not realize that Timmo is a defensman?

He's on their power play. He's an offensive defenseman. I don't think he's quite the defensive player you're making him out to be, because...

Timmo is a better defensive defensman.

... if he were a good DEFENSIVE defenseman, his +/- wouldn't be even. Pretty weak stats all around, and again, $8M.

Penguins haven't had Mark Eaton all year. No big deal. You move on and don't mention his absence 400 times in a game. Got pretty annoying on Versus.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was thinking the Avalanche might upset Detroit and go on to win the Cup, but at this point, I don't see anyone beating Detroit.
They just have too much firepower.

The Penguins could beat Detroit because they have a lot offensive firepower just like Detroit. It all comes down to defense and goaltending, and pretty much whoever gets more power play's, or more power play's at key times.

In the PIT-NYR series, in the last game, Drury got high sticked to the face, and their is no call. But RIGHT AT THE END of regulation, Drury high sticks someone and there is a call...I know the series was already 3-1, but that decided the Rangers fate. Although they didn't score on it, I believe it was a 4 minute penalty, and they had to kill off most of it in OT, it completely swung the momentum to Pittsuburgh, and the Rangers couldn't get it back as Hossa got a lucky bounce right to him in front of the net and scored to end the series.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

He's on their power play. He's an offensive defenseman. I don't think he's quite the defensive player you're making him out to be, because...

yeah and if you really followed Hockey like some do you'd realize that the +/- stat is the most over rated stat around....means nothing....contrary to your thinking....add too that Briere's +/- was also negative during the regular season as well but I'd doubt you'd find too many (if any) people who said he's not any good because of it.......how many times was Timmo on the ice for a PK? or 2 men down? exactly....that's why it's a worthless stat...

• Administrator
In the PIT-NYR series, in the last game, Drury got high sticked to the face, and their is no call. But RIGHT AT THE END of regulation, Drury high sticks someone and there is a call...I know the series was already 3-1, but that decided the Rangers fate.

Yeah, that play decided their fate. A hockey game is 60 (or more) minutes. Calls get missed.

Hossa got a stick in the jaw two nights ago. No call. And no big deal. Losers blame the refs. See also: Seahawks.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You can't be serious...that call was huge at that point in the game, with your backs up against the wall like that...But seriously, all in all...The Rangers just didn't have enough talent to win the series, but the Rangers played them more physically. The Rangers weren't really off their game, the pucks didn't bounce their way, they didn't get the calls, and when your already the underdog, you need the pucks and calls to go your way, and it simply did not happen. The Rangers need to get an offensive defensman, and they need another guy to play on the wing...they'll be great next year if we can add that.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Penguins up 2 games to 0.

To the Flyer fans who are going to cry injury and bad calls, bottom line is if you turn the puck over, you lose.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Penguins up 2 games to 0.

no crying here, in fact that was a bad call on Crosby 2nd goal that they reviewed and denied, clearly a goal imho, and Hatcher with 2 boneheaded plays that placed him in the box......either way up to this point the Pens have out played the Flyers and this is coming from a Flyers fan.....so no crying here accept for being down 2-0..... not every fan of a team crys you know, oh and in fact the Flyers only turned the puck over 6 times last night so your comment is not entirely correct, their just being outplayed

no crying here, in fact that was a bad call on Crosby 2nd goal that they reviewed and denied, clearly a goal imho, and Hatcher with 2 boneheaded plays that placed him in the box......either way up to this point the Pens have out played the Flyers and this is coming from a Flyers fan.....so no crying here accept for being down 2-0.....

It was clearly a goal but not turning it over from review was the right call. Was just a bad call on the ice.

Any news on Coburn?
not every fan of a team crys you know, oh and in fact the Flyers only turned the puck over 6 times last night so your comment is not entirely correct, their just being outplayed

Not nearly as many turnovers for the Flyers last night.....but they also didn't seem to be in the offensive zone very much either.

Does anyone else think that the Versus commentators and the guys at "Hockey Central" are being slightly biased toward the Flyers with many of their comments? Getting quite annoying..... Oh yeah....thanks for giving us the first two games Hartnell! lol (I think he was the one that made the comment. )

• Administrator
not every fan of a team crys you know, oh and in fact the Flyers only turned the puck over 6 times last night so your comment is not entirely correct, their just being outplayed

Six isn't quite right, but yeah, they played better.

And not every fan cries, sure, but your head coach is more than making up for it. "We have stars on our team too"? What kind of stupid comment is that? If you have stars, where are they?
It was clearly a goal but not turning it over from review was the right call. Was just a bad call on the ice.

Agreed with all that. It was a goal, but there wasn't enough evidence. Why they haven't found a way to rig the puck with a certain kind of metal and detect when it crosses or something (i.e. some other kind of technology) is beyond me.

THAT call could have changed the whole game, CG031, but even had the Pens lost I'd not be on here whining about it. Winning is about overcoming diversity. The Pens did it with injury all year. The Flyers are trying to do it with an injury or two now. The Rangers couldn't, nor could the Senators. They chose to just whine whine whine about it.
Not nearly as many turnovers for the Flyers last night.....but they also didn't seem to be in the offensive zone very much either.

No, and the fact that one of their two goals came on a breakaway (a shortie no less!)... not a lot of offense generated, really. The Pens again had a lot of good chances. Biron played about as well as he did in game 1 (which is to say "eh"), but didn't have as many easy goals because of the lower # of turnovers.

Does anyone else think that the Versus commentators and the guys at "Hockey Central" are being slightly biased toward the Flyers with many of their comments? Getting quite annoying.....

No shit. And I watched game two with a Flyers fan and he said "Dude, why is Versus up the Flyers butts?" (among other comments about the announcing). He's like me - he hates hearing how great his team is when they're losing.

And ****ing Tom Glavine? Nobody from Philadelphia OR Pittsburgh likes that asswipe. Much respect, but still, an asswipe. Duh. BTW, any Pens fans here should really read The Pensblog .

no crying here, in fact that was a bad call on Crosby 2nd goal that they reviewed and denied, clearly a goal imho, and Hatcher with 2 boneheaded plays that placed him in the box......either way up to this point the Pens have out played the Flyers and this is coming from a Flyers fan.....so no crying here accept for being down 2-0.....

You are in the minority amongst Flyer fans I have talked to today. Cry, whine, piss and moan. The game winning goal was off a gaudy turnover. Obviously things like that can't happen.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

And not every fan cries, sure, but your head coach is more than making up for it. "We have stars on our team too"? What kind of stupid comment is that? If you have stars, where are they?

They have a couple of guys that are definitely playing tough and standing out....not quite enough though.

Agreed with all that. It was a goal, but there wasn't enough evidence. Why they haven't found a way to rig the puck with a certain kind of metal and detect when it crosses or something (i.e. some other kind of technology) is beyond me.

Yeah....with technology the way it is today....the current system is insane.

No shit. And I watched game two with a Flyers fan and he said "Dude, why is Versus up the Flyers butts?" (among other comments about the announcing). He's like me - he hates hearing how great his team is when they're losing.

Ouch. lol.

I thought game 1 was bad with that dude with the goofy looking mullet (I think it would be considered a mullet) saying the Flyers were doing everything they needed to do even though they were down by 2 scores. BTW - it appeared their gameplan changed slightly in game 2. It didn't seem that they were crashing the net nearly as often.... but again, they weren't in that end much.
And ****ing Tom Glavine? Nobody from Philadelphia OR Pittsburgh likes that asswipe. Much respect, but still, an asswipe.

Smoltz was there too!!! How many losses did those two dickwads hand the Pirates back in the day (when the Pirates actually won games

). Undr Par, is the game you're going to the Tuesday night game?

but your head coach is more than making up for it. "We have stars on our team too"? What kind of stupid comment is that?, where are they?

I surely hope you don't think other HC say stupid comments and cry as well.....I mean you come across on the board as being a bit brighter then that.....

but 1 can wonder......
Undr Par, is the game you're going to the Tuesday night game?

no the Thursday night game....#4 could be a closing out game if they don't get their act together

Does anyone else think that the Versus commentators and the guys at "Hockey Central" are being slightly biased toward the Flyers with many of their comments? Getting quite annoying.....

They did the same thing with the Av's vs. the Wings. They were all over Colorado's jock. I just take it with a grain of salt now.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

no the Thursday night game....#4 could be a closing out game if they don't get their act together

We'll see. I'm thinking the Flyers will win one game. It's possible anyway...

They did the same thing with the Av's vs. the Wings. They were all over Colorado's jock. I just take it with a grain of salt now.

Yeah....I should be used to it I guess. It's the way commentary is all through sports it seems. It's probably just more noticeable when it's "your team" that is getting the short end of it.

It seems like every Steeler game I watch is the same way (especially with Chris Collinsworth or Phil Simms and of course John Madden..... pricks! lol). Lot's of hating on them (although they do get their props).

• Administrator

I don't care for the "caption" on this picture, but here's an interesting look at Sid's goal that wasn't called a goal:

Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!