• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
  • Popular Now

• It is - I occasionally swing just a shaft to see what it's like. You can swing it seriously quickly, but it's like it has a mind of its own. 
    • I understand the physics of it. 😛 I'm just saying it's funny looking (and feeling, the two times it's happened to me, ever).
    • Was that enough damage to let him replace the club?   😇
    • Wordle 1,188 4/6 🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨 🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Yep - he's doing a whole lot of decelerating of the club by that point in the swing. When the club goes from I guess about 400g to 130g in an instant, that deceleration is going to stop it way faster than it normally would. I have heard it said that one of the reasons people can find it hard to swing much faster is because your subconscious knows that you have to decelerate the club after impact and if you don't it's going to hit you and it'll hurt, so it (your subconscious) makes sure you're not going fast enough to hurt yourself. By that rationale, if you could make a clubhead come off after impact like this, you might be able to swing it faster 🙂  As to the clubhead coming off, I had that happen to me once. Only in my case, the clubhead started coming off before I got to the ball and it twisted at the same time. Ball went about 45* to the left and the clubhead went pretty straight. Given how freaking good Rory's shot was there, I'm guessing his clubhead didn't do any moving until after impact.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...