IGNORED

Callaway Hot Bite Review

Note: This thread is 5882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I picked up a sleeve of Hot Bites and last year's HX Tour 56 and played them today:
  • Drives were superb with the HB. It was lower than the Pro-V1 for me, and probably about 7 years longer in carry. Overall distance can't be compared due to the wet fairways.
  • On longer shots, the HB seemed to be much better the the HXT56. It was much softer, and far less clicky. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a Pro-V1 and the HB on full iron shots. The HXT56 was clicky.
  • On half wedge shots, the HB was pretty close to a Pro-V1. Less then a half wedge, it started to roll out a bit more. HXT56 performance was about the same, but a bit more clicky.
  • Putting, the HB was close to the Pro-V1. Holy crap, I was floored! I didn't quite like putting with the HXT56
  • Durability wise, I'd say the HXT56 was similar to a Pro-V1, but the HB wasn't quite there. I played the same HB for 9 holes, and it looked pretty rough. The cover is kind of "flaky" like a B330 after a few wedge hits.

I'd say the Hot Bite gives the NTX Tour a damned good run for its money. If I had to play the NXTT or the HB, it would be close, but I'd go with the HB. I'd got with the HB over the HX Tour 56. After playing the Hot Bite, I'm pretty excited for when the HXi's get here!

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

nice write-up! the way your describing them, ill definately give them a shot! suprising that you think its better then the hx tour, and they are much cheaper.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

If you like the hot bite be sure to try the gamer. Same company, same specs, different dimples and cheaper...

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

It's been awhile since I've played a whole round with an NXT Tour. From what I remember:
  • Bit lower, more penetrating ballflight with the Bite
  • Little less lateral spin with the driver, it may be related to the first
  • Putting and chipping was about even, maybe a slight edge to the NXT Tour. The Bite seemed a little firmer, but in a good way. Kind of Pro-V1x-ish
  • Full wedges, I'd give a slight advantage to the Bite

Real close, it may be more preference. I'd be happy with a box of either. But if I had to pick only one, it would be the Bite.

If I had to only play a Bite or an HX Tour this early season, I'd go Bite. The greens just aren't firm enough to need a top shelf ball. They're that good.

where do you play?

Western Washington State.

Note: This thread is 5882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!