IGNORED

New Launch Monitor and Sim From SwingLogic

3 minutes ago, drmevo said:

I might consider it. I'd love to see some reviews first, but then I guess you don't get the early bird. 

I can tell you from firsthand experience, their return policy is super easy. Had a battery issue when I gave their micro sim a shot. Was even encouraged to try it out and then just return it to wait for this Hybrid X3 release.

So the way I figure, it's a no lose situation. But if this thing proves to compete with units in its price range, it could get into that R10 unobtanium realm real quick. And I don't see the pricing getting any better either.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/24/2022 at 12:50 PM, DoubleAce said:

Alright, with that all out of the way. Looks like they're up to around 400-ish backers and 10x over their goal.

Anyone else take a shot at being an early adopter? Or perhaps even some folks who got their hands on a pre-release device?

I backed this and look forward to updating this thread on my experience. I reached out to get information on how the accuracy compared to SkyTrak and this was their response:

The ball speed and clubhead speed is within 1-2% of the Trackman. These two measurements are the most important for determining distance. With that said the Hybrid X3 also allows for calibration to adjust the distance calculations to account for things such as shaft length, club loft, and shaft flex that will impact the launch characteristics measured from the Nano Sensor. Skytrack will have a slight advantage on the accuracy of the launch angle based on the technology. With that said the Hybrid focuses heavily on swing path and swing tempo to help improve swing mechanics. We are very excited about the putting features and the accuracy we will achieve there, and have plans to introduce a short game specific feature within our app to focus on pitch shots and putts for game improvement”

Again, I’ll keep people posted, but for less than 1/6 of the cost of a skytrak, it’s a no-brainer for me.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, FORE20 said:

“The ball speed and clubhead speed is within 1-2% of the Trackman.

Sounds like it's basically one of these as far as that stuff goes:

Those also require only about 3', because they're literally only measuring the speed of some objects.

They don't measure spin. They don't measure launch angle. They make assumptions based on the club you enter, the clubhead speed, the ball speed. They assume things about launch angle, spin, etc.

They're not what I would call "accurate." I have a PRGR (and the blue SportSensor or whatever those are called) thing. It "tries" to tell you distances, too. It's "close" sometimes, and wildly far off other times.

It's basically a spreadsheet and an algorithm.

3 minutes ago, FORE20 said:

These two measurements are the most important for determining distance.

They may be the "most important" but there's a good bit more to determining distance than that.

That they're claiming it's only within 1-2% of Trackman for only those two things is a big tell, and validates the skepticism posted earlier.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Sounds like it's basically one of these as far as that stuff goes:

Those also require only about 3', because they're literally only measuring the speed of some objects.

They don't measure spin. They don't measure launch angle. They make assumptions based on the club you enter, the clubhead speed, the ball speed. They assume things about launch angle, spin, etc.

They're not what I would call "accurate." I have a PRGR (and the blue SportSensor or whatever those are called) thing. It "tries" to tell you distances, too. It's "close" sometimes, and wildly far off other times.

It's basically a spreadsheet and an algorithm.

They may be the "most important" but there's a good bit more to determining distance than that.

That they're claiming it's only within 1-2% of Trackman for only those two things is a big tell, and validates the skepticism posted earlier.

All solid points. However, if it ends up being consistently fairly accurate, I’m not sure if you can argue against something at this price point. We shall see once it ships beginning of July.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, FORE20 said:

All solid points. However, if it ends up being consistently fairly accurate, I’m not sure if you can argue against something at this price point. We shall see once it ships beginning of July.

I can argue against something like that… because I require more accuracy than just getting the ball and clubhead speed pretty accurately while not even attempting to measure the other things.

This is like what they say about buying a cheap tripod. You can spend maybe $2000 (I haven't had to buy a tripod and ball head in awhile) on a good tripod and ball-head, or you can spend $3000 to end up with the same thing. The latter because you spend $200, then you spend $800, then you finally spend the $2000 to get the good thing you should have gotten from the start.

There are those lower level photographers who are happy with the $200 tripod (or even the $30 tripod), and if that's you, great.

I wouldn't call this "accurate," and even still… the multi-function nature of this device makes me think that single-purpose devices are generally better. Jack of all trades, master of none. Plus if one component breaks, the whole thing might be inoperable. And the more functions something has, the more can break.

Plus, I don't wear a glove. 😄

If it's what you need, great. But it's not new, revolutionary, likely to be "accurate" the way I'd define it, etc.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

47 minutes ago, FORE20 said:

I backed this and look forward to updating this thread on my experience. I reached out to get information on how the accuracy compared to SkyTrak and this was their response:

The ball speed and clubhead speed is within 1-2% of the Trackman. These two measurements are the most important for determining distance. With that said the Hybrid X3 also allows for calibration to adjust the distance calculations to account for things such as shaft length, club loft, and shaft flex that will impact the launch characteristics measured from the Nano Sensor. Skytrack will have a slight advantage on the accuracy of the launch angle based on the technology. With that said the Hybrid focuses heavily on swing path and swing tempo to help improve swing mechanics. We are very excited about the putting features and the accuracy we will achieve there, and have plans to introduce a short game specific feature within our app to focus on pitch shots and putts for game improvement”

Again, I’ll keep people posted, but for less than 1/6 of the cost of a skytrak, it’s a no-brainer for me.

Will be interesting to see if this sparks others in the market to pursue designs with dual sensors. 

I'm pretty much with you 100% that it seems like a no-brainer. Especially considering how well their micro sim works for what it is. I have to imagine this will be a considerable step up over that. 

Maxfli Tour X

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 11:37 AM, iacas said:

I can argue against something like that… because I require more accuracy than just getting the ball and clubhead speed pretty accurately while not even attempting to measure the other things.

It is certainly going to attempt to measure the other things…going very deep commenting on a product you didn’t even view the page for
spacer.png

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Golf87 said:

It is certainly going to attempt to measure the other things…going very deep commenting on a product you didn’t even view the page for

Two things…

1. The "page" didn't exist when I made any comments, and…
  2. I use the word "measure" very carefully. The nano sensor (the thing that attaches to your glove) does not "measure" the launch angle and spin axis of the ball.

That goes back to the first part of that sentence: I require more accuracy than what this type of thing will provide.

This is a speaker, a magnet, and some other things… attached to a swing speed sensor. The only things I trust it to actually measure are the clubhead and ball speed.

And, if I am able to determine pretty quickly that this product will not even be as good as a $450 Mevo (let alone a $2k Mevo+ or something), all of which I own… why would I spend more time looking into it?

The only measurements of the clubhead and ball this thing takes are the speeds. Everything else is calculated. Launch angle, apex height… spin and the axis… etc.

• Like 1

Imagine registering a new account to say that-And then being schooled so badly.

A fool and his money-are soon parted.

• Funny 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• 1 month later...

If you’ve been wondering about getting the new SLX X3, I would suggest thinking again.

I was skeptical, with no videos of actual use, and said I was afraid it was going to be a glorified crappy speaker. Then we got a video, of a guy hitting dead straight balls. No draw, slice, or spin of any kind. I voiced my concern, and called the guy in the video Happy Gilmore’s caddy, and said he should be playing on tour with shots like that. Fun joke, right? They didn’t think so. 

They made a big fuss, and canceled my order. This was fine with me, but now they are intentionally withholding my money until the end of their campaign. It has been 45 days since they initiated the refund. How petty does a company have to be to not click a button. Especially one that is trying to grow a reputation.

And my worries about it being a crappy speaker? I was wrong. It can’t be a speaker if it doesn’t stay on for more than 5 seconds. The whole product casing is breaking before customers even receive it. IOS E6 is a bust. This thing is a rushed, half done  joke.

Save yourself the money and headache and just.. don’t.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2022 at 2:19 AM, Jv43 said:

If you’ve been wondering about getting the new SLX X3, I would suggest thinking again.

I was skeptical, with no videos of actual use, and said I was afraid it was going to be a glorified crappy speaker. Then we got a video, of a guy hitting dead straight balls. No draw, slice, or spin of any kind. I voiced my concern, and called the guy in the video Happy Gilmore’s caddy, and said he should be playing on tour with shots like that. Fun joke, right? They didn’t think so. 

They made a big fuss, and canceled my order. This was fine with me, but now they are intentionally withholding my money until the end of their campaign. It has been 45 days since they initiated the refund. How petty does a company have to be to not click a button. Especially one that is trying to grow a reputation.

And my worries about it being a crappy speaker? I was wrong. It can’t be a speaker if it doesn’t stay on for more than 5 seconds. The whole product casing is breaking before customers even receive it. IOS E6 is a bust. This thing is a rushed, half done  joke.

Save yourself the money and headache and just.. don’t.

Lol. I know exactly who you are (and no I'm not aligned with SL). Just remember the identical sour grapes from your Kickstarter comments. And then the FB group. SL posted the email exchanges with you for everyone to see. And the only one making an ass of themselves was you. So much so that you managed to get booted from the FB group (which SL has no ownership of btw). Which is quite a feat. So you created an account on this infrequently traveled corner of the internet because you ran out of places to piss and moan. Bravo! You truly are a child among men.

Since this post will probably be disappeared. I'll post another update on my impressions after thus far. Everything from the good to bad. 

• Booooooooo 2

Maxfli Tour X

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, DoubleAce said:

Since this post will probably be disappeared.

Actually when people behave as you’ve done we like to keep the evidence available.

Please stick to discussing the topic, not the posters (and people).

P.S. Another moderator is warning you as I type this. Your behavior warrants it.