IGNORED

Putting question for RH golfers that are left hand dominant...

Hank
Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I do everything with my left hand, EXCEPT swing golf clubs and baseball bats.

When I putt I feel that I control my distance with my left hand, although I read everywhere that I should be controlling my distance with the right hand.

Is that normal for a left hand dominant player that putts right handed?
Whats in my bag:
Driver: R7 Superquad 10.5 Stiff Stock
Wood: R7 3 wood Stiff Stock, r7 5 wood Stiff Stock
Irons: Command BK 3-PW Stiff TT Black Gold Shafts
Wedges: 52, 56, 60Putter: Dual Force Rossie II or White Hot XG #9 (Haven't had a chance to use both yet.)

I also am left handed but play right handed. I did use my left hand a lot for putts but now have settled into keeping a very loose grip and using my shoulders. It's still habit for me to use my left hand to control distance with long putts (anything over 20 ft).

It's helped to change my grip to one in which my hands are pretty much facing each other.

Add another duffer to the ambidextrous club. I perform all finesse activities such as eating or writing with my left hand, while power activities are right-handed.

As for putting, I'm the same as Paper Tiger - I focus on a loose grip and using the shoulders. Another thing that helped me was to shift from the interlock to the overlap grip which seemed to take a little control out of the left hand.

wow im the same way im a lefty and golf and bat righty...... i feel fine putting righty

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

ha, i write lefty, swing a bat lefty, hockey stick righty, golf right basketball lefty haha

In My Bag:
Driver-G10 10.5 pro launch blue
3 wood-Burner TP 14.5
2i-hibore hybrid 19 stiff
irons-J33bWedges-:54 vokeyFEEL wedge company 60putter- white hot xg #1ball-pro v1

I do everything with my left hand, EXCEPT swing golf clubs and baseball bats.

I know exactly what you're talking about, i am left hand dominant but I play righty. When I picked up golf clubs for the first time i got right handed set because I didnt know any better. I thought all golfers used righty clubs. So I learned that way and now im stuck with it.

How I can relate to you is that my left side used to steer every swing I took, weather it be with a lofted club or putter, and as a result I pulled out hard left alot and the swing path was outside to inside without even coming over the top, its weird. Its a problem I still struggle with. How I began overcome that with putting was that I got my right bicept more involved with the putter stroke, but yet still keeping everying connected. I keep my wrists firm, everything else is more or less dead in the hands and arms, and I concentrate on pulling and pulling with my right bicept and shoulder and allowing the left side to be taken for the ride. It kept me going more back and through without my left side dominating. Im not saying it is for you, but try it out and see if you're confortable with the idea.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!