IGNORED

Immelman's Staying Power

The Gill
Note: This thread is 5870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

baker-finch played 4 good rounds in his life. then he struggled to shoot 72 for 9 holes.

I think that's a wee bit unfair - he'd had a very promising career up till his British Open win, with a record of steady progress from minor events through Australian Tour wins and onto the world stage. The expectation was that he'd go on and take over Greg Norman's mantle. It's very sad that the reality was he had less success after his win than Paul Lawrie after his. He had a lovely, smooth swing as I recall and seemed to be very calm under pressure. I wish him well on the Seniors.

I recon he just needs to play consistently this year, maybe a couple of victories on tour and a top 10 in a major. He really needs to steady himself and use this season to sort of put himself among the best in the world. He certainly has the potential he just needs consistant performances.

I recon he just needs to play consistently this year, maybe a couple of victories on tour and a top 10 in a major. He really needs to steady himself and use this season to sort of put himself among the best in the world. He certainly has the potential he just needs consistant performances.

That would be more than consistent. Who other than Tiger has too many years where they win twice on Tour plus win a Major and finish top 10 in another?

What too often happens to the guys that win a major out of nowhere is they feel like they now have to live up to it. They have to change their game or swing to contend in all the others and prove they are no fluke. Unfortunately they often times end up looking like a fluke because they screw up their game. Not too many guys can get to that level then rebuild what got them there and continue to win. Unless of course they are named Tiger. I don't think he was a fluke at all. He has a great swing and would likely have been one of the names on the short list of players that would contend in and/or win a Major soon.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!