IGNORED

my chip discovery

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I sprained my left ankle a couple days ago so i couldnt really head out to the course. I started chipping in my yard puting all my wieght on my right foot and every ball i would hit with my lob wedge would go straight up an land about 5to25 yards out which is perfest for those little chips from of the green where you dont want to use a risky flop shot.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I've never heard of this being taught, but whatever works for you!

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I've never heard of this being taught, but whatever works for you!

yeah... most instruction regarding chipping involves putting more weight on your front foot (usually left)... so unless you are a lefty, you are using a very unorthodox method.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

yeah... most instruction regarding chipping involves putting more weight on your front foot (usually left)... so unless you are a lefty, you are using a very unorthodox method.

yea I have always read this too. I always have all (or most) of my weight on my left foot when chipping around greens.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

I will offer one thing - I am NOT going to sprain my ankle just to improve my pitching

dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

I believe it, I remember playing at the Ocean Club in the Bahamas (my avatar) and I was having issues with my chipping. The guy I was playing with told me to take my front foot out of my shot. I kept my body in the normal spot but had my foot way out to the side. It worked every time. I asked him how he knew this, he said his buddy figured it out, but had no idea why it worked.

I've had new issues with my chipping (see my thread), so I can't use this method, but it worked. You just have to keep every other part of your body in the swing as if your front foot was still in there.

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!