IGNORED

Short Game Aiming Tips

Note: This thread is 5866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey,

Lately, I've had some difficulty aiming in my short game, and my greenside scroes have suffered greatly. A lot of the time, I will overshoot the ball, undershoot it, aim it too far left, or right, and have to two-putt it for a double/triple bogey.

Can any of you give me some general tips in relation to greenside chipping, bunker shots, etc?

Here are some situations I'm having trouble with:

1) What to do if your ball is in a bunker that is hard pan - I ran into this the other day. Hard pan bunker, I swung down 3 inches before the ball, but the club bounced and topped the ball.. it flew 20 yards past the hole and off the green.

2) Putting off the fringe - I will actually come way short a lot.

3) Putting backspin on the ball with lob wedge - with correct open address + open club face.. I can get it to pop and land at the right distance, but usually far left of the hole. How should my feet and club face be addressed? I choke the club and swing through with my arms stiff.

Anything else in terms of tips would be of great assistance.

Thanks!
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

Your answer for 1 and 2

1) take your shots in that kind of stuff like a normal chip off the grass, and remember to use a high lofted club.

2) The chances of getting it close chipping from the fringe are less than using a putter and putting from the fringe, try putting to a) be alot safer b) get closer to the pin.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

With my crappy driving and long game I save myself countless times with my play around the greens.
Dont use your lob wedge unless you have no other choice.A bump and run game will save you shots

Keep your wieght on your front foot for better control off hardpan and hit slightly down,dont try scooping the ball up which sounds like what you did given the result.

best of luck

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Hey,

#1: use the lob wedge for a thin lie in the bunker. We have crappy cement bunkers here and I can't use a sand wedge because of the bounce. Play the ball to the middle of your stance and accelerate through the ball.

#2: Practice putting from the fringe! If you're really stuck, don't hit a wedge, bump a 7 iron or a PW and let it roll. I've worked alot on this (I used to hit lob wedge for every shot around the green) and this has helped my scrambling. #3: I don't get what you're getting at. In a bunker? Fairway lie? Fringe? As the last user said, use your lob wedge as little as possible, you'd be surprised of the results Good luck!

Note: This thread is 5866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!