IGNORED

Callaway Big Bertha 2006 Irons

Note: This thread is 5874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone.

Does anyone use the Callaway Big Bertha 2006 Irons? I am looking for a game improvement iron set, and out of the dozen or so irons I tried, this one felt the best. I asked the guy at the store if this was a set I could grow into as I improve (I have only been playing for a year), and he said that there should be some workability, even though this is a super game improvement iron. He also said there definitely be more room to grow with these irons than the Big Bertha 2008 Irons.

Thanks.

In my bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
3-Wood: Insight BUL
5-Wood: Insight BUL

4-Hybrid: Taylormade Burner Rescue

Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5-PW

GW: CG11 50*

SW: CG11 54* (bent to 55*)

LW: CG11 60*

Putter: Odyssey D.A.R.T White Ice

Don't know about the growability factor of the 2008's but I am a very happy BB2006 owner. I absolutely love them. The only issue for me might be my swing speed may be a bit low for the steel shafts, but I did not want to shell out the extra $100 or so for the graphite. The sets come I think in 3 - PW or 4 - PW + SW I could be wrong about that however. I have a 4 through SW including the A wedge. If I had it to do over I would not have gotten the A wedge with the set but purchased something like this year's Callaway X forged with the Mac Daddy Grooves. But the A wedge I have looks like all the other clubs in the bag so it was certainly a trade off. I will probably replace with the better wedges over time. Given that the 2006 model clubs are not the latest, you should be able to get a pretty good deal on them out there so shop around, but be wary of prices that are "too good to be true". It's always better to deal with someone you know vs someone who comes off the street with an unbelievable deal. Callaway did away with their on-line registering of clubs in their last website release, but you should at least call them and see if they will send you the stickers with your name on them so that you can identify your clubs in case of loss. Overall, if they feel good, get them. They may take a bit to get used to on the course, but if you play on a regular basis, you'll find yourself loving them.

David C. Cleveland

In My Bag:

Driver: Big Bertha 4603 Wood: Big BerthaHybrid: Rescue Dual 3 19 degreeIrons: Big Bertha 2006Wedges: x forged mdPutter: 33 inch Natalie center shaftedBall: HX TourHome Course: Wellshire Golf Course, Denver, COVisit my musings at...

I have the BB 2006 and the BB 2008 irons. Each set is 4 - AW

I see little difference in the irons 6 - AW. I still have a problem getting used to the
Ibrids 5i and 4i in the 2008 set.

Both sets of these irons are very forgiving and hit the ball straight and high.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

Note: This thread is 5874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!