IGNORED

Z Factor - Best Training Aid Ever

Note:Β This thread is 5217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Administrator
I saw Erik's post and looked at the Z factor as well as other putting aids. Given price and storage difference, has anyone compared Z factor to the Momentus Putting Drill?

No offense intended, but c'mon... the two are vastly different products in terms of what they do, how they're built, etc. There's very little comparison to make.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They said on the Golf Channel during the Nationwide Touranement today that oen of the golfers heard Dave Peltz say it takes 20,000 stokes to correct a bad habit. So, seems a device like this might help someone create an almost perfect stroke. My putting is so good I'd hate to mess with it. Hopefully I never need a putting gizmo. Anyway, It seems the device might help someone who needs better putting technique. I spend maybe 5 hours a week practicing my putting. That seems to help.

Jennifer
--------------------
What's in my bag:
Nickent 4DX 9 deg V2 stiff driver
Tour Edge CB2 15 deg stiff fairway woodTour Edge #2,3,4 Tour Bazooka Hybrid (always take one out of the bag depending on the course)Soon: Adams Idea Pro 3+ 4+Tour Edge 5-PW Irons graphite regularSoon: Taylormade...

Dean sent me a dvd without any questions.
Great customer service!
The DVD is definitely a lot more helpful than the paper manuals I got.

I'm still a bit confused about my stroke though.
I've setup with the red spacer (most curving arc)
When I close my eyes and swing my putter on the machine, it feels like I'm actually swinging with a U shape instead of an upside down U.
I was just rotating my shoulders without any hand manipulation.

Is this supposed to be right?

Launcher 460 10.5Β° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5Β° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20Β°, 23Β° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

• Administrator
I'm still a bit confused about my stroke though.

Are you standing on the proper side of the thing?

I think you may need to go visit a teaching professional.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Are you standing on the proper side of the thing?

Of course I am standing on the proper side.

I think my stroke has a bigger curve than the machine's biggest setting.

MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>

• Administrator
Of course I am standing on the proper side.

If that's so, your stroke is probably far too arced. You should probably tone it down a little.

I got one too - i always "tried" putting square to square - adjusted the machine accordingly and it actually didnt work well. So i tried the different arcs and found out that my natural stroke is indeed "arcish" - so all the time i basically forced myself into a unnatural square to square type stroke. So in that case the machine did help to cure a forced error but the machine definately cant replace your work on the putting green. There is just no replacement for practicing pace and seeing puts break.

Unfortunately i couldnt find a number of muscle memory and repeats - but 20k seems awfully high - anybody got something scientific on this topic?

Burner 9Β°
FW Burner 15Β°
Burner Rescue 19Β°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50Β° CG12 DSG 54Β° & 60Β°

If that's so, your stroke is probably far too arced. You should probably tone it down a little.

I guess I'm standing too upright.

MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>

I think I need to get checked for dyslexia or Alzheimers or something, because I read that as:

"If that's so, your stroke is probably far too arsed . You should probably tone it down a little."

• 2 months later...
If you bought a z-factor, are you still using it. I have a feeling that Erik still is, but was wondering about the others who have said the got one.

Thanks for any updates.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike:Β Sasquatch 9.5Β° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike:Β 3 (15Β°) & 5 (19Β°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge:Β Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21Β° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike:Β 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey:Β Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter: Β :edel:Β Basic SeriesΒ 

• Administrator
If you bought a z-factor, are you still using it. I have a feeling that Erik still is, but was wondering about the others who have said the got one.

Yeah, still using it. Though I'll probably use it a bit less over the winter. Or maybe more since I won't be able to play actual golf.

My putting is a continuous struggle. When I practice, I do OK - when I don't, it's not very good. I can definitely tell that using the z-factor helps keep my putting at a decent level. I quit using it over the summer and it's pretty obvious from my stats.

On the flip side, my full swing and ball striking doesn't change much even when I don't practice so at least I know where to concentrate my practice time.

Big clubs: :titleist:Β 915D3 @ 9.5Β°, :callaway:Β X-Hot Pro 3W
Med clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5W, :titleist: 910H 4H,
Small clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5-AW, :titleist: Vokey 55.10, 60.10

I still used mine but not as much.
When I feel my stroke is off, I use it.
My stroke certainly improved a lot, but it's the reading and the speed that keep me from making more putts.

MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>

• 1 year later...
I had a question abou this and I know Erik did a review on it on this site, but something I didn't see or maybe I missed is the reason for the multiple arc settings. On www.perfectputtingmachine.com , it states "The swing plane can be changed for golfers of different specifications.", but doesn't go into any more detail than that. How would one go about figuring out which is the right arc for his/her specification? To me, if you're emulating a smaller form of a full swing, wouldn't there be an ideal arc that each person should follow?

Any help would be appreciated on this. Also, any other feedback on the product (pros/cons) would be great. I'm eyeing one of these on ebay right now...

• Administrator
How would one go about figuring out which is the right arc for his/her specification? To me, if you're emulating a smaller form of a full swing, wouldn't there be an ideal arc that each person should follow?

Possibly, but your address position, your grip, the club's length, the lie… they're all so different that it's going to vary from everyone. Even a 34" putter with 70Β° lie angle is going to be stroked differently by different people of different heights, etc.

You figure out which arc you like by making your natural stroke and seeing which feels the best. I merged your post into this thread. Go back to the beginning and read - I suggest.

So I just got my Z Factor that I bought used off of ebay, but something I didn't get were unused adhesive tapes to connect my putter to the magnets. The magnets he sent had worn out tape on them. Any suggestions on making it work? Your help is appreciated!

Just buy some regular adhesive tape?

If this contrapment had come in a full swing version, for a reasonable price, I'd buy it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note:Β This thread is 5217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!