IGNORED

My next 14 clubs

JYB
Note: This thread is 5876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, so right now, this year, my real "first" year of serious golf, i'm using this :

-Last year's Cleveland HiBore XL : Gold shaft with a 10.5º loft.

-Last year's Mizuno F-50 15º 3 wood

-Bobby Jones 19º Hybrid

-3 through PW in Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl Irons

-Cleveland CG10 56º SW with 3 dot bounce

-Titleist Vokey 60º

-Ray Cook Gyro 35" Putter

Okay. Now, to start with the driver. I'm hitting the ball 255 on average but as my swing gets better, i'm starting to hit it longer but i'm thinking next year, i'm going to want a stiffer shaft and a lower º club. I was thinking about the new Titelist 907 D2 with a 9.5º Pro Force 75 shaft. Any opinions on that?

As for the 3 wood/hybrid, here's where the big decision lies. I want to start using a 52º GW in my bag and replace the 3 and hybrid with just one club. Thus, what fairway wood in the highest echelon is the easiest to hit off of the fairway but still ample to use to drive on occasion? I'm looking for something in the 17/18º range as to replace 15 & 19º clubs.

I enjoy my irons as they are seriously players irons and have really helped me improve my game. I know where the mistakes are as i can visibily see them when i miss hit. The forgiveness level in the CG1's is non-existent.

As for the wedges, I'm thinking about moving to an All-Titleist format, with 52º, 56º and 60º Vokeys. The part of my game that needs the most help is within 115 yards, especially those 20,25 loft shots. I either hit those way soft or way too hard at this point and it's starting to frustrate me. Any help with that?

I will be getting my 36.5" Odyssey Mini Marxman in the mail next week so the putter situation is fine.

Anyways, thanks. Sorry for the long read.

Okay, so right now, this year, my real "first" year of serious golf, i'm using this :

I'd be very careful about moving to an S driver on a predictive basis...

I've seen people swing harder purely because they know the club will allow for it and then completely mess up their swings. Don't change your loft unless your launch angle says you're hitting too high. thanks

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

I'd be very careful about moving to an S driver on a predictive basis...

Yeah I agree, if you have the time you could ask a pro or go to a fitting centre, that really helped me get a great driver. Be very carefull about changing your club on prediction, as he said you can mess up your whole swing.

Note: This thread is 5876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!