IGNORED

Free Irons

Dp132010
Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got a flyer in the mail the other day that said if a tour and visit a private course you get a free set of Callaway Big Bertha irons. It says you don't have to stay there or buy anything. Should i go or is this bogus.

Sounds bogus kinda, never know until you try though?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

That kind of stuff almost always results in the highest-pressure sales pitches you cannot even imagine. If you are ready for a complete barrage by possibly multiple salesmen, then give it a shot. Otherwise, if you're prone to caving into pressure, I would advise against it.

I concur with that this is going to be a high-pressure sales pitch. And if you go to it, read the fine print carefully before going.

I got a similar thing in the mail for a free 20° hybrid from Warrior golf. I've never heard of them, but they're located not to far from my alma mater (UC Irvine).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You usually get what you pay for.

Driver: HiBore XLS
Hybrid: HiBore XLS 3i 22*
Irons: FP (v.07)
Wedges: CG14 Black Pearl 48* 52*
Putter: G5iBall: HX Hot BiteBest Score: 84 @ Arizona National - Tucson

I concur with that this is going to be a high-pressure sales pitch. And if you go to it, read the fine print carefully before going.

Bait and switch. When I was engaged to be married, we were asked to give our opinions on china wear. We had a 10 min presentation and then they proceeded to try and sell us on $1000 cooking set. We left very angree and misled.

Just beware.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

• Administrator
That kind of stuff almost always results in the highest-pressure sales pitches you cannot even imagine. If you are ready for a complete barrage by possibly multiple salesmen, then give it a shot. Otherwise, if you're prone to caving into pressure, I would advise against it.

What he said. Frankly, I think it's kind of fun to game the system sometimes, but you have to be able to say no, obviously. Or just screw with them. If they want you to join their club or something for $50,000 per year, offer them $500. Or bring a big bag of change and keep asking "what can I get for this much?"

Nah, okay, that's too far. Just go, resist everything, and take your free clubs. That is, if two or three hours of your time are worth free clubs to you. I'd rather do something else with my time... like golf. P.S. My parents got basically a free vacation in Florida one year for listening to a big speech about a time share. My sister and I were happy to get free popcorn. 90 minutes of their time was worth the vacation we got.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got a similar thing in the mail for a free 20° hybrid from Warrior golf. I've never heard of them, but they're located not to far from my alma mater (UC Irvine).

I've heard a couple horror stories about Warrior golf. I checked on that "free" club offer. You will notice that the word "free" is always in quotes with them. I called them up and they started trying to sell me their line of clubs that were "just like the Taylormade Burner". They never did send me information on the "free" wedges they were offering.

In another forum, one of the guys lives in that area also and said he had a friend who got clubs from them and tried to return them for a refund without much luck. I guess he finally had to walk into the office with the clubs under his arm to get any action.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

I got a flyer in the mail the other day that said if a tour and visit a private course you get a free set of Callaway Big Bertha irons. It says you don't have to stay there or buy anything. Should i go or is this bogus.

definitely not bogus.

I did this with my parents a few years back. My dad went home with a set of Big Bertha's. My brother did it with his fiance a few weeks ago and got to choose b/t irons or $600 gift certificate to continental airlines. They're trying to sell you on buying into their association. You do have to sit thru a boring 3 hour presentation though.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Bait and switch. When I was engaged to be married, we were asked to give our opinions on china wear. We had a 10 min presentation and then they proceeded to try and sell us on $1000 cooking set. We left very angree and misled.

I sold that stuff for three weeks one Summer in college. Did they get you with how cooking with aluminum causes Alzheimer's? It is actually quality stuff but expensive. I quit when they were constantly harping on us to set up appointments with our "warm" market leads. Meaning go sell to all your friends and family.

My in-laws went to something similar at one of the golf resorts in Northern Michigan. They got two free nights, all their meals and two rounds of golf. When they got there, the check in service took all of their bags and they went straight into a presentation for condo's at the resort. After 3+ hours they finally got to go to their room. They played the following two days but had to avoid the sales people the entire weekend. They also only got the free meals if the ate in a certain room where the sales people were camped out. Otherwise they had to pay to eat.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

My initial thought was they were going to take all of the people who listened to their presentation that month and draw a name for the one person who would recieve a "free" set of clubs..

I went on vacation to Orlando once and needed tickets to Universal studios. I called down to the desk of the resort where we were staying and they got me tickets for a great price.. After I got back from a long hard day at the park, all I wanted was a shower and a soft bed. They insisted that the tickets were part of a promotion and that I now needed to sit through their timeshare pitch or I would be asked to pack up my family and leave the resort.

I told them I wasn't going to sit through their presentation and if they didn't like it they could call the cops.

They backed down. The rest of my vacation went smoothly.

EVERYONE is trying to sell you something.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I sold that stuff for three weeks one Summer in college. Did they get you with how cooking with aluminum causes Alzheimer's? It is actually quality stuff but expensive. I quit when they were constantly harping on us to set up appointments with our "warm" market leads. Meaning go sell to all your friends and family.

I sold rainbow vacuumes one summer.

It's horrible work and most of your friends end up hating you, but you will never convince me there is a better vacuume on the market today. Some are easier to use, and none are even close to being as expensive, but there is none better! "It's all about suction Vs. Airflow, my friend."

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

i might go because its not that close i i definatly can't afford it. It's like a prestigious country club thing so maybe ill walk up with all my clothes and food in a trash can and say im there for the tour and they'll just tell me to leave .

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!