IGNORED

Trouble hitting FW and irons...

Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First few times out this year, I seem to be having a lot of trouble hitting fairway woods, specifically a 3W and irons.

The 3W, I seem to catch the middle of the ball with the bottom edge of the club, or just flat out top it.

Irons, I really have no idea what I'm doing with them. I hit them well last year and seem to be hitting much shorter now. I shank them. I slice them. Hit them fat. Hit them thin. Into the water.

Oh, and it is there a secret to hitting a good lob wedge? Cause that thing is going to end up in the woods soon.

Seems like your not hitting anything in your bag well....
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

First few times out this year, I seem to be having a lot of trouble hitting fairway woods, specifically a 3W and irons.

When I have these kind of troubles, I focus on maintaining my spine angle throughout the swing, keeping my head still, and keeping the left arm straight.

Basically I try to reduce complexity as far as movement goes, but I'm a total noob and not to be trusted. You could give those things a go, though. EDIT: Oh, and a quiet lower body with both feet staying flat on the ground until follow through...

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

If you are a right handed golf, than you need to take your right arm out of the shot. As you go back keep that right elbow pointing at your right hip...

Oh com'on..who gives a damn about flying elbows and reserve spine angle pivot dynamics or whatever. HIT THE BALL!

That will be 70 bucks, please.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

http://www.ajgolf.com/cgi-local/stor...i?F=l&C;=Videos

I've started this crazy game 8 years ago, and my ex-PGA Pro instructor never told me anything about what AJ's video shows. I got this video a little over a year ago and I moved from a 17 handicap to hopefully a single digit by the end of the season. My understanding and game improvement increased dramatically after watching, and I continually to watch every-so-often. This isn't a sales pitch, I'm just talking from my experience. I've bought this video for 2 of my friends, who happen to be in the upper 20 handicap at the time, and they have improved to the point where I'll have to stop giving them strokes soon. This video doesn't teach swing, heaven knows I don't have one, nor have the body to have one, but I still hit fairways and greens similar to a 7 handicapper according to the Golf Digest Challenge. It's a good thing this is about woods and irons, in putting I'm a 17 handicapper, but working on it. If you have pretty good hand-eye coordination you can learn to strike balls solidly even if your swing isn't a 'golf swing.'

I'm not sure but you might want to check your local library to see if this video is available if you can't buy it. I just checked Ebay and there is one DVD set for $20 plus shipping. It doesn't have the bonus sets though, but still better than full price of $90.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

hit down with your irons..
sweep with your 3w.....

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!