IGNORED

Close call today on the golf course

blackxpress
Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was playing in a foursome today. 3 of us were walking and the 4th was riding. We were coming up to the tee on the 5th hole and saw this guy to the left of our tee box getting ready to hit (he was playing the 4th hole). Instead of waiting for us to get past him he went ahead and hit his ball and shanked the crap out of it. It came right at us like a bullet and actually went through the guy's golf cart that was playing with us. Narrowly missed his head as it ripped through the cart. We all yelled for the guy to look out but the dilbert that hit the ball never yelled "fore" or anything. My heart skipped a beat for sure. I know no one on this forum would ever be that careless but, just in case, be careful out there. This could have been a real disaster.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

Wow thats close, what do you mean ripped right through the golf cart? Do you mean went like inside the cockpit of it, and went above the drivers head?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Wow! Almost could have posted this in the "golf related tatoos" thread.
Glad no one was hurt!

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Keep your head on a swivel out there. Nice pic by the way. Great idea of maximizing practice time even while on the crapper.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

We had a similar situation years ago where some guy who hit way right tried to hit OVER us while we were putting on an adjacent green. We told him that it was a pretty stupid move and he agreed.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

This, friends, is why I need to get my butt down to Land, Air, and Sea (army surplus store) and pick up a helmet for when I'm on the course during crowded times.

But really, close call, there must have been some extraordinary luck out there. The strangest things do happen on the golf course...

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Wow thats close, what do you mean ripped right through the golf cart? Do you mean went like inside the cockpit of it, and went above the drivers head?

Yes, something like that. The ball entered through the front of the cart, whistled right past the driver's right ear and exited the back of the cart. Funny thing is, the guy driving the cart was one of the course rangers who was playing the front nine with us before he went on duty for the afternoon. He didn't even say anything to the guy that hit the ball. The guy said he was sorry and Mike said, "no problem." Not sure I would have been so easygoing about it.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!