IGNORED

IGS Golf Systems

Note: This thread is 5843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently purchased the 6-DVD IGS Golf Systems from this site: http://interlinkgolfsystems.com/home.php , and have loved this style of swing. I believe I had stumbled upon this type of swing early on in my golfing life last year when I shot a 68 (-2) as a 17 handicap. The way your hands are at address just present an easy back and through motion and guaranteed to be straight every single time.

The instructor Craig Johnson is a bit candid, and likes to talk, but he backs up what he says in my book because of my results. The basic premise of the swing is the hans at address, the stance and the shoulders closed to the target line. There are two swings, the non-release swing (what I use) and the release swing. The Non-Release swing is keeping the angle of the wrists (right wrist bent at address, thus opening the club face and pushing handle far towards the left leg) the whole way through and the release is the idea of crossing your hands over after impact. Because I have only had the DVDs for a couple of days, I'm sticking to the non-release for now. It works well with all clubs, especially with the driver (straight straight straight), and while the distance isn't as long, it is well worth it to aim for a target and hit it. I hit plenty of greens yesterday - something I had struggled with in the early season.

I would like to say that the DVDs fresh full of drills - there about 20 of them total that can be taken to the range, and the short game ones are by far the best I have ever learned. I made 4-15 foot putts yesterday by pacing off how far from the hall to my ball, then just thinking to myself "Okay, this is a 15 pace put - easy", and that is all.

I have a lot of work to do - but this is the foundation of something great, I must say for those interested that it is $9.95 for the trial (Shpping and Handling) and then 30 days afterwards one payment of $99.99 will be billed. I'm fine with this because this is by far the best system I have tried in a long time - and I have tried them all. Best of all anyone can do it and you don't need a teacher to be directly beside you to tell you what you are doing wrong, the DVDs tell you that. You will know when you've missed without even looking up - it's starting to be ingrained into my swing.

So try it out, thought I'd share, this season could be a lot better than I thought. I'll probably post this on other forums to get the word out - no, I don't work for IGS, I just think many struggling golfers will love at least some part of this system. I sure have.
What's in R7 Bag:

R5 Dual 9.5 degree
3DX Pro 4-PW irons
3FT Hybrid 54 & 56 wedges*Gigagolf Trufeel putterMy blog:http://matt10-livethedream.blogspot.com/

swing early on in my golfing life last year when I shot a 68 (-2) as a 17 handicap.

thats impressive, how did you manage that?

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator
thats impressive, how did you manage that?

I don't know, but 18 posts and he's trying to sell us on something. Hmmmm.

A 17 doesn't shoot 68. A 17 has a hard time breaking 90 (par 70) more than half the time. The odds of a true, legit 17 shooting -2 (let's assume 19 better than his handicap) are astronomical . Again: 18 posts and he's trying to sell us on something. Hmmmm.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

looks like hes the company rep or something..

sounds like another GitRdone here.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I recently purchased the 6-DVD IGS Golf Systems from this site:

I think if people are going to spend their ~$90 on instructional DVDs they are better off spending it on something like Leadbetter Interactive.

Like others have stated I have to question the likely hood of a 17 hanicap shooting 2-under par. That's off the probablity charts Leek posted from the USGA site: http://www.usga.org/playing/handicap...eanstable.html As well as the one posted by Shindig: http://popeofslope.com/sandbagging/odds.html

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Thanks for those links - they are an interesting read, but why make it about the legitamacy of my score? I mentioned that only to say that I had stumbled upon this method (before the DVDs) on my own and had excellent success with it - thus shooting that score. So I relate success with this method now that it is in DVD format and even better I know the faults and fixes that I couldn't figure out before on my own - which is the reason I gave up when my scores started raising.

I do have the scorecard - signed by my fellow playing partners - it was in competition for a men's league; and I haven't even come close to shooting it since trying other methods.

I love your posts, AG, you always compare and contrast and take swing snapshots for those in need - but this one you just posted was neither constructive nor relevant, it is a different method than the traditional one and I thought I'd share becasue I believe handicaps are rising these days - well, heck - instead of spending $200 on lessons every week - try the 30-day trial of these DVDs.
What's in R7 Bag:

R5 Dual 9.5 degree
3DX Pro 4-PW irons
3FT Hybrid 54 & 56 wedges*Gigagolf Trufeel putterMy blog:http://matt10-livethedream.blogspot.com/

Woops - didn't see you guys up there. My bad.

Yeah - I figured if posted this someone would think of me as a rep, whatever - ask the guys on GTO, they know I'm just a struggling golfer like the majority and just thought I'd share.

Didn't think you could be judged on the number of posts - I think my first post ever on here was about AJ Bonar,lol. Just goes to show how many methods I have tried. Thought about it the other day and it added up to 17 total methods tried.
What's in R7 Bag:

R5 Dual 9.5 degree
3DX Pro 4-PW irons

Note: This thread is 5843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!