IGNORED

Need help - choosing a Driver

Note: This thread is 5856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi
I am relatively new to Golf and hit 30-40 over. So, far I have only been using irons and hybrids(both Ping G10s) to play. I want to start practicing with the Driver now, but I dont know which one to go for at this stage. I am looking at something that is forgiving and goes a good distance(atleast 250 yds)

So far, I have only looked at some ratings on various Golf equipment review websites, but I am not sure which one to go for. The high rated products include - Callaway FT, Callaway X 460, TM Burner, Ping G10, Cobra Speed, Cleveland Hibore.

I will defintiely go out and try hitting with a few, to find what I am comfortable with. But sometimes, it is hard to differentiate with a few hits, given that I am just a beginner. I want to narrow down my list to a couple of drivers before I go to a store and choose between them. Thanks.

Ah......getting started. The magic of the game is just getting it's grips firmly on you!!! What an awesome time you're gonna have ahead of you.

Sounds like you have some sweet clubs already. Go with the clubs you have confidence in. The G10 drivers certainly are loved by the guys around my neck of the woods.

I'm just getting back into the game after a 3 year lay-off and am most likely gonna update my woods and maybe even try a hybrid this time around. The G10 driver is one that really appeals to me now, too.

Make sure you get fitted properly for dimensions and flex. It takes some of the aggravations out of the game. This coming from a guy who is 6'5" tall who struggled at first getting a properly fitted set of sticks.

Good luck and good golfing!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I definatly recommend the Nike Sasquatch series, there are many to choose from so choose one that suits you best.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

i agree with dub about the ping g10 bieng a great driver. i also recomend buyng it of ebay for way less than you would pay at stores

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Many are flocking to the G10. It's good. I'm partial to Callaway. The Big Bertha is a good one for someone like you. It sets up nice and has a good alignment aid. It's pretty easy to hit. Forgiving.

All of the drivers you listed are very good, forgiving drivers. I haven't hit the Callaways or the G10, but I liked the Burner and the Cobras and I own a HiBore XL and love it. But I would say don't narrow it down to only 2 to test. Try as many as you can, then narrow it down, hit those again and choose one. If budget is an issue, look at last years models - either used or on close-out.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Best advice I can give you about buying clubs is that when you go to hit them you will know in the first 3-5 hits if the club is right for you. After that your body will start to adjust to the club.

Note: This thread is 5856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!