IGNORED

Nippon 120tx vs. Project X

I saw this on a website. Is this true. Everything I’ve heard about Nippon is that they are softer than more shafts and Project X are more stout throughout the shaft.

"The bend profile of the Project X is quite interesting and roughly comparable to the Nippon Modus 3 120. The end of the grip is relatively soft and becomes stiffer as the grip progresses, in the middle very soft and in the tip stiffer again. Exactly this stiff tip is decisive for the profile with low spin and low trajectory." 

6 hours ago, CarolinaSandHeel said:

I saw this on a website. Is this true. Everything I’ve heard about Nippon is that they are softer than more shafts and Project X are more stout throughout the shaft.

"The bend profile of the Project X is quite interesting and roughly comparable to the Nippon Modus 3 120. The end of the grip is relatively soft and becomes stiffer as the grip progresses, in the middle very soft and in the tip stiffer again. Exactly this stiff tip is decisive for the profile with low spin and low trajectory." 

You really have to try them for yourself. I tested Project X, PX LZ, Nippon Modulus, KBS and a couple of others two years ago and settled on PX LZ for the feel. I got a few 6 iron heads of eBay to do this.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• like I don't like to think I'm an amazing player as I play off around 7-8 handicap or anything but The one miss I have at the minute is with my strike and its getting really frustrating because I don't see what's causing it please don't say basic stuff like I don't weight shift etc because it wont help here are some videos form certain angles (these aren't that fat in the video maybe slightly chunked but its more the fact that the chunk happens 1 in every 4 iron shots so I'm never consistent) https://imgur.com/epaeE4D https://imgur.com/CKeV0Nm https://imgur.com/lJkliwd https://imgur.com/a/1Z7VwK9
    • You’ve yet to propose anything else. And yet it was, and the rules tell you how to deal with it. Your question has been answered. The Committee can declare them GUR. I disagree with your assessment of common sense. 😀 And yet they didn’t really change this one. Looks like this is about wrapped up? “That Rule is So Unfair!” A Rules Geek’s Generalized Guide to Hot Takes and Overreactions | Rules Geeks I apologize for the length of this post. If I had more time I’d have written a shorter one. – Erik J...  
    • When you are penalized for hitting into the sand trap the penalty is having to hit it out of the sand, not out of three inches of water. A sand trap is not the same as a water hazard. A sand trap is not supposed to be under water. It is a unique condition caused  by weather and poor drainage. Most local leagues like ours allow the free drop in this type of situation, as long as there is no area in the bunker to legally drop. This is what I’m talking about, sometimes the official rules of golf don’t align with common sense. That’s why they are finally starting to change them. For example, when wind blows your ball off the green. That was a stupid rule. People being able to call the tv network to say they saw a players ball move. That was a stupid rule. I’m just saying, these are rules made up a long time ago, and it’s time to modernize them.
    • Consider it another way: normally, it's a two-stroke penalty to move your ball out of a bunker (unplayable). The ACC reduces it to just one.
    • No, hitting into a hazard that is supposed to be avoided and is designed to be penalizing is not the same as hitting it into the middle of the fairway.   You are penalized because you hit it into a hazard. Based on your logic let's say you hit it into a red staked penalty area and you could normally play it but it's in temporary casual water from rain. Would you expect a free drop from there too??

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...