IGNORED

sixiron Tries to Get Banned

• Administrator

Howdy right back.

Curious: do you greet people in real life like that? I do sometimes, despite never having lived in Texas. 😄 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No usually I say what Ralph the female Monroe brother carpenter on green acres says: howdy doody!

I would like to know beforehand about these things, cos ain’t in the rules or code of conduct!

Question: what’s it take to get banned on this site?
Answer: honesty?

Are we allowed to have and voice our unorthodox views? 

(Is freedom of speech guaranteed by the constitution everywhere except for golfing forums?)

Are golfers allowed to have an opinion? What good is an opinion if you cant share it? 

thanks

p.s. “Putt straight”

are all moderators unjust control freeks? Or just those on golfing forums?

don

I have one question for you - what was your previous username?

41 minutes ago, sixiron said:

I would like to know beforehand about these things, cos ain’t in the rules or code of conduct!

Just about everything is listed in:

A combination of how much of a jerk you are and how long you do it. Or a spammer.

That answer is incorrect.

Are we allowed to have and voice our unorthodox views?

Potentially. They can't be about politics or religion.

(Is freedom of speech guaranteed by the constitution everywhere except for golfing forums?)

free_speech.png

36 minutes ago, sixiron said:

Are golfers allowed to have an opinion? What good is an opinion if you cant share it?

You can, but see the above, and realize that people will give you the benefit of the doubt, and you should do the same.

36 minutes ago, sixiron said:

You're really not off to a good start with the name-calling and insinuations.

• Like 1

- Steve
TST "Main Mod"

I handle all moderation for the site. The existing mods and admins can still do things like stop spammers, but they off-load all user moderation to me. My goal is to be firm but fair.

If I as on this forum before it was years ago and I can’t remember 

this is why I wanted to know ahead of time 

Not a troll, a troll seeks a response 

I don’t care if anyone responds or not

Fair and just is good

i did not call anyone names that’s not just and fair

I don’t know who anyone even is in this site, so I can’t really accuse them, or you, I only asked questions 

A few more questions if you don’t mind

are personal attacks on the pro’s allowed?

such they are cupcakes and snowflakes who think it’s owed to them to win every time?

Thanks Don

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, sixiron said:

i did not call anyone names that’s not just and fair

1 hour ago, sixiron said:

Ummmm.

21 minutes ago, sixiron said:

are personal attacks on the pro’s allowed?

such they are cupcakes and snowflakes who think it’s owed to them to win every time?

I agree with @The Committee about your start here.

Just post. If you're a reasonably intelligent person who can keep this in perspective and you're okay with others having a different opinion, you'll be fine.

We've never banned someone for disagreeing. We have banned people (far fewer than almost anywhere else I've been on the Internet) for being assholes.

You're not setting the stage very well, Don.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, sixiron said:

I accused no one 

I only asked questions 

I just want to know where I stand?

don 

Lighten up Francis.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, sixiron said:

I just want to know where I stand?

Well…

58 minutes ago, The Committee said:

You're really not off to a good start with the name-calling and insinuations.

And…

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

I agree with @The Committee about your start here.

Just post. If you're a reasonably intelligent person who can keep this in perspective and you're okay with others having a different opinion, you'll be fine.

We've never banned someone for disagreeing. We have banned people (far fewer than almost anywhere else I've been on the Internet) for being assholes.

You're not setting the stage very well, Don.

Kinda answers that.

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Lighten up Francis.

Yup.

This shit's just golf, man.

Then they really should take down the “welcome everyone” sign

Do they really they really mean welcome mr nice guy now sit down and shut up?

if you are banned for honesty 

what does saying “I hate tiger woods get you”? Drawn and quartered?

Notice I did not say I hate tiger woods, I only asked a question 

Maybe asking questions is what is forbidden 

can’t imagine what’s gonna happen when I make my views about the modern rules of golf, modern equipment, and modern techniques and methods known?

And you don’t know so don’t guess that I oppose them, I may very much approve them

these are questions not accusations 

I’ve been on many forums, sports, politics, religion it’s all the same, are they really here to be a welcoming community or to crucify you?

question not accusation

don 

See already been told my question about golf attire shorts and long pants is quote “silly”

And accused of trolling for asking a simple question?

Not interested.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Nothing has been done to you, buddy. People are expressing their opinions of what you've posted so far.

Unsubscribe.

25 minutes ago, sixiron said:

what does saying “I hate tiger woods get you”? Drawn and quartered?

Notice I did not say I hate tiger woods, I only asked a question

Are you stupid?

Notice-I did not call you stupid-I only asked you a question.

Mods-What is the point of this topic?

• Funny 3

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator

they did call me a troll and say my question was silly

No “they” didn’t. They asked you a question and then shared an opinion.

Good point

no problem here!

don

they did call me a troll and say my question was silly

is that ok?

1. You are. Just not a good one or an entertaining one. 
2. It was.

3. Yes.

• Funny 2

How would you know I have not been allowed to make known my real feelings and preferences or opinions?

don

he did say my question was “silly” silly debate about long pants and shorts, which I had no intention of starting a debate some one else did that 

don

Want to know my real opinion about Rory not winning the tournament today

i doubt it

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

Are you stupid?

Got your answer yet @Phil McGleno?