IGNORED

Course Yardage Books Display

Was wondering if anybody could help,

Over the years of chasing the top 100 UK courses I have managed to collect a fair amount of course guides. The intent was to have these on display somewhere in the garage (Poor excuse for a man cave). Does anybody have any previous experience of displays or know of any great ideas?

• Administrator

Are they all a fairly consistent size? Do you just want to display the covers? Should people be able to open them and flip through them, or are they just for display (maybe under glass)?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The idea was to be able to get at them if possible and look through but if under glass is the only option then might have to go that route. 

in answer to your first question yeah they are roughly all the same size. 

• Administrator

I might look at getting a nice (and somewhat thin or it'll be heavy) wooden board. Maybe you engrave it slightly at the top, or wood burn/stamp it…

Make some strings or wires go across, and set the yardage book on the string in the middle or something. To look through it, you just lift it up and flip through it. Putting it back on, just hang it on the wire.

They flip open and are bound at the top, vertically, right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I might look at getting a nice (and somewhat thin or it'll be heavy) wooden board. Maybe you engrave it slightly at the top, or wood burn/stamp it…

Make some strings or wires go across, and set the yardage book on the string in the middle or something. To look through it, you just lift it up and flip through it. Putting it back on, just hang it on the wire.

They flip open and are bound at the top, vertically, right?

My imagination likes this idea, maybe add a sliding glass door to keep dust & dirt off them until you want to look at one.  Only issue could be weight so need to be mounted well.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

What about one of these? It’s a set of clear pockets  each pocket being 6.5”x4.5”  

IMG_0386.jpeg

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2+

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black