IGNORED

Hlp me before I buy another iron set

Igor
Note: This thread is 5878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is a great forum with many helpful people giving input/advice. Hope someone can help my situation.

Just bought a callaway FT iron, graphite Regular shaft. Used it twice.
First time could not get used to it. Ball seems to be going right of target, not slicing. Difficult to control/work the ball. Feels that I cannot get underneath the ball.

Second time used it again just yesterday. Same problem.

Shaft says it is mid kick. Could this be the problem or is it me? My golf parners say my swing not chnaged from previously.

Before this set I was using Mizuno MP 60 with NS pro stiff/regular, 95 grams.
Could used it quite ok but found the shots going a little left, changed the lie angle but I think the fitter may have not done a good job of it. I just wanted to try a more easier shaft and club so bought the FT's. Found that Mizuno MP 60 was easier to get up and contrl.

Is it me or the MP 60 is actually easier to use than the FT because of the mid-kick point of the FT shaft? Am thinking about getting the Ping i10 which a hit in the range and found to be similar to the MP 60 but more forgiving but not as soft feeling. Dont want to make another purchase mistake since the i10 was hit from mats and you know clubs are easier to hit from mats than grass.

Please help me out guys with some input..Thanks.

....Feels that I cannot get underneath the ball....

Why are you trying to do that?

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Why are you trying to do that?

Are you trying to tell him to hit down on the ball not scoop it up?

as to the problem... these are drastically different irons... SGI v. players... so there will be a big difference in feel, looks, etc. As to the shaft kickpoint... I doubt that is the cause, certainly it is not the sole cause. It probably has most to do with using such a "different" type of club. For a 16 capper I would think the PINGs are a better fit, but try to hit them someplace not off mats first.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Thanks for your response Big_M and Pinseeker81.
I dont really want to scoop it up, maybe that is part of my problem.
Big_M, I assume that you are referring to players club as th MP60?

Yes 16 handicapper I am or most times more than that, it was the i 10 i tried out not the G 10.
The thing I find about the pings, so far off mats- is that they ( i mean, me) do not have a tendency to pull the ball left.

Anyways thanks for your inputs again.

Note: This thread is 5878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!