IGNORED

Good Charley Hoffman/TPI Video

• Administrator

I thought this was a good video. I'm a little bit surprised it took them as long as it did to get to the grip, but… sometimes you don't think it's going to be something as simple/foundational as that, since as a player you don't notice it slowly working in one direction or another.

This was a good idea of the types of things that can have a big ripple effect, and the types of work instructors do with players all the time.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Good Charley Hoffman/TPI Video

Great video.   It's great that he had video to compare a good swing with the current problem.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Day 15 - Still practicing chipping in the backyard, starting to show improvements. Been hitting off the rough grass in the backyard up until yesterday. Ordered a hitting mat and just started hitting off of it. I'll probably still mix it up. Improvements are: not blading the ball as often, starting to get a bit more accurate in both distance and direction. Still have a lot to learn. Also been trying to make it to the driving range about once a week to practice mostly driving, fairway woods and hybrids. Here's a short vid:  video0.mov Shared with Dropbox  
    • I have posted three scores now since the Philly section opened on April 1. 41-43-84 (72.1/135), 42-47-89 (72.1/135) and 42-45-87 (70.3/129). Same course, the last score from the forward tees. Weird that my best score was the first one out. It usually takes me about a month to get anything much lower than around 90 and my handicap usually shows it. But now it is holding steady.  The range on grass is finally open. I hate the mats. My scores will improve accordingly. 
    • I see that guys like Rahm and Phil are suggesting they now play 72 holes. They appear to be conceding that their circus is viewed as less than a true competitive event. Rahm was a whiney bitch all weekend at Augusta. Regrets?
    • Yeah, in the lessons I have taken we have worked on swinging less steeply. I probably still swing too steep with woods.  Average yardages through my bag according to my Garmin watch (won't be 100% accurate due to sometimes the watch not picking up a shot, or me accidently clicking the wrong club): 60 - 100 yds 56 - 106 yds 52 - 125 yds PW - 149 yds (this one seems off to me) 9i - 149 yds 8i - 157 yds 7i - 167 yds 6i - 178 yds 5i - 190 yds 4i - 202 yds   And longer than that is where I get into trouble: 2i - 208 yds (small sample size on this one, still mostly just practicing with it one the range as the slice % is too high for my liking) 4 wood - 202 yds (haven't used it much last season due to not liking it) Driver - 241 yds   My driver has a huge variance as well. So for example on Sunday (the first round of the year) I hit it 5 times. 2 were big slices (186, and 179 well off to the right). 2 were my hands getting too closed and hitting a much too low draw/hook (239 and 225 on the left rough), and one came out low like the draw, but actually had a fade on it (210, just off the right side of the fairway. Looking back at some past rounds, the good drives (maybe 10% of shots) tend to be between 250 and 280. So when it is outside of 200 yds is where I really get into a lot of trouble. I will often play irons off the tee, or on a par 5 lay up to gap wedge range to try and give myself a comfortable shot in.
    • And yet on they have no problem calling every wooden club a persimmon even though they’re not all made of persimmon. As @iacas said, it’s just what the clubs are called.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...