IGNORED

My Swing (Lloydy21)

Lloydy21

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 18-20
My typical ball flight is: Low/thin/slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Increasing height on my irons

Videos:

I have uploaded two videos of my swing. The first video (side angle) is what I struggle with all the time - a very low ball flight with absolutely no consistency around where it goes either. Literally cannot get the ball into the air and will often see my wedges take a lower ball flight than many of the people I play with when they use a 6 iron! I have had lessons and always get the advice that it’s my weight transfer but have tried everything and cannot correct it. I am a massive overthinker and this has a negative impact on my gam so looking for tips or tricks to improve my swing and generate a more flush, high ball flights with all my irons/wedges. Please note that I am strong off the tee with the driver and around the green, hence why my handicap is 18, I just can’t get to the green ever if it’s more than around 100 yards!

Finally, the second video (from behind) I managed to hit the ball much better. Still a lower ball flight than I would like but was straight and more flush. I get one of these every now and again but good to see the difference, albeit I didn’t feel any different from the first shot to the second!

Any tips of tricks, or little tweaks that would make a huge difference would be so appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@Lloydy21, You need to upload your video to YouTube or similar service and imbed the video. I removed the attachment.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

We are happy to help @Lloydy21 but you’ve got to follow the basic rules.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Lloydy21 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 18-20
My typical ball flight is: Low/thin/slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Increasing height on my irons

Videos:

I have uploaded two videos of my swing. The first video (side angle) is what I struggle with all the time - a very low ball flight with absolutely no consistency around where it goes either. Literally cannot get the ball into the air and will often see my wedges take a lower ball flight than many of the people I play with when they use a 6 iron! I have had lessons and always get the advice that it’s my weight transfer but have tried everything and cannot correct it. I am a massive overthinker and this has a negative impact on my gam so looking for tips or tricks to improve my swing and generate a more flush, high ball flights with all my irons/wedges. Please note that I am strong off the tee with the driver and around the green, hence why my handicap is 18, I just can’t get to the green ever if it’s more than around 100 yards!

Finally, the second video (from behind) I managed to hit the ball much better. Still a lower ball flight than I would like but was straight and more flush. I get one of these every now and again but good to see the difference, albeit I didn’t feel any different from the first shot to the second!

Any tips of tricks, or little tweaks that would make a huge difference would be so appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrator

Too much left tilt, not a proper turn.

Day 2:

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

56 minutes ago, Lloydy21 said:

Camera angles are very important. That down the line angle needs to be on the line of your feet, like it describes here:

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Also take this next bit for what it's worth since I'm not a golf instructor, but IMO your clubface looks extremely closed on the way back. 

I don't know if that is what is causing a low ball flight or if your closed clubface is a reaction to something else in the swing, it's just something I'd be aware of.

Yours points straight down at the ground where JT's clubface is far more vertical and pointing at almost a 45 degree angle.

image.pngimage.png

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
2 hours ago, klineka said:

Camera angles are very important. That down the line angle needs to be on the line of your feet, like it describes here:

Technically, parallel to the target line, through the wrists. I may have to update the article. With a square stance, that's often on the toe line.