IGNORED

Baby Fade

Note: This thread is 5842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All my clubs, but most notibly my mid to long irons have a fade to baby fade when i hit them (Driver has a nasty slice). Im making solid contact consistently but the ball keeps fading right. I know for a fact my club face is square. I closed my irons towards the end of my round today and i was hitting the ball straight which tells me my hands arent rolling over though contact. I can even look at my divot and tell that the club face is open though impact. I think the problem is my grip. It feels comfortable but my right had is towards the recessed side instead of having the vest my thumb and finger makes pointing straight up my shaft. When i roll my right hand over on my grip i chunk or hook the ball. Does anyone have an idea what to do. I will also post a pic of my grip later tonight. Thanks in advanced.

Dymo
R5 5 Wood
Highbore 2 Hybrid
R7 Irons 3-SW
60° Lob58° CG12 White Hot #5 Nxt Tour App for BB Tour

Without commenting on your fade or why you fade, here is my take on the grip:

when I try tinkering with my grip, the results are sometimes very severe. I rarely roll a ball on the golf course, but when I'm doing a practice session tinkering with my grip, I might roll 5-10 in a row. I'm amazed at how a little shift in the grip can throw my swing off balance that much.

If I tinker with swing plane, or a different hip or shoulder movement, the shots still look acceptable, airborn but off target until I find the rhythm.

But when I tinker with my grip, the potential lies for me to hit ground balls back to the pitcher.

That's just my own experience. And I have found success with grips that are initially negative after a few dozen swings. It has made tinkering with my grip more productive in future sessions.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Note: This thread is 5842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!