IGNORED

681 vs 620

Building out a pro combo set... starting with the t100s. 

Should I buy new 2024 620 mbs 7-pw or should I go old school and get thr 681's

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks

• Administrator

It’s going to depend on what the gaps are like I would think.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, iacas said:

It’s going to depend on what the gaps are like I would think.

Agreed. The 681s are likely traditional lofts and the 620s are more likely to have more modern lofts, so the numbers on the bottom of the club are likely to match better. So if you go with the 681s, you might wind up with two 6 irons. 620s are probably also marginally more forgiving (in so far as a blade can be forgiving). 

Incidentally, it's a relatively big step going from T100s to mbs. You could try the 620 cbs and combo those to the mbs. Where I'm going with that is I'd think you either want forgiveness (T100 3-6, cbs 7-PW) or you want workability (cbs 3-6, mbs 7-PW). It seems odd to me to go forgiveness then workability like that. It's a big step across that 6-7.

17 hours ago, tdccaddy10 said:

Building out a pro combo set... starting with the t100s. 

Should I buy new 2024 620 mbs 7-pw or should I go old school and get thr 681's

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks

FWIW …I played the 620MB 2021-22 and they were absolutely beautiful. I have no business gaming a muscle back iron but they sure felt nice when I struck it well.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge