IGNORED

Best OVERALL 3-wood

Note: This thread is 5841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been looking at new 3 woods myself. At this point I'm still undecided, but the choice will likely come down to either the Titleist 906F4 or the Bobby Jones Fairway. Both of them have smaller heads than most fairway woods on the market today. As much as I lover the Burner driver, the Burner Fairways are just too big for my tastes.

I'm actually leaning a bit towards the Jones. It's consistently rated as a top performer out of the rough.

My Website: Qwowi Golf

In my Atlas Bag:
Driver: R7 SuperQuad 9.5° VS Proto 65-S
3+ Wood: G10 4 Wood: G10 Hybrid: 585H VS Proto 80-SIrons: X-20 Tour 5-PWGap Wedge: Vokey 200 Series 52°Sand Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56°Lob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Bettinardi BC1

ping 10 forgiving and LONG

That entire line is forgiving and long, ive hit a couple of demos. Especially the driver. A kid I was playing with a couple weeks ago was nuking that damn thing.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Alpha Golf Version 2......long and straight,,,it's like having a second driver in the bag.
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

as of now i have the Taylormade R5 three wood and have really been noticing that i am not hitting it quite the distance that i need, lately i have been hitting my 19* hybrid as far as my 15* 3-wood

I have used quite a few > i have resorted back to my T'Made V-Steel on many occasions, but, as the crown on the v-steel is dented slightly, i more often than not keep my r7 15deg.

definately the v-steel is a classic, much like the Ping g5.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I play the V Steels.

Also my instructor who is a Titleist sponsored player who playes on the Canadian Tour and some US Tour events has Titleist everything except he has a V Steel 3 Wood.

In my stand bag -

Burner 420, 10.5* Regular Shaft
V Steel 3 Wood, 15* Regular Shaft
V Steel 5 Wood, 18* Regular Shaft MP Fli-HI 2 Iron, 18* Regular Shaft, Steel (If not playing 5 Wood) 2007 FPs, 3-GW MP-T Series, 56* Raw Haze MP-T Series, 60* Raw Haze (Dont really play with this yet, trying to...

I play the V Steels.

Im actually putting my v-steel in-the0-bag tomorrow morning, as im playing a course with thick first-cut rough. in terms of turf travel > its the best

Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Ive got an old Callaway warbird 3+ steelhead, i take it in and out of my bag depending on the course i play... it may be old but man it is long and easy to hit

I agree that in this arena some older models remain realistic options against the current crop.

I still use an old Burner Bubble (first generation). As you'll remember the red paint came away badly and mine is now nearly silver all over but it remains such a fine club. Always a safe bet from the tee and very eady to pick up off the fairway. I tend to avoid woods from rough but this could do it. You'd probably pick one up for under $25 on ebay. A definite bargain!

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

Simpac S-Cube ST58 is what I find to be the longest 3 wood I've hit. I hear the exotics are the best out there, but never hit them.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

I have used quite a few > i have resorted back to my T'Made V-Steel on many occasions, but, as the crown on the v-steel is dented slightly, i more often than not keep my r7 15deg.

You still can buy brand new in the wrapper V-Steels at tgw.com. I went ahead and bought replacement V-Steels for myself. GREAT club..

Note: This thread is 5841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!