IGNORED

Grip Problems (too strong of left hand causing hooks)

Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a problem that has come and gone over the years It has to do with my left hand wanting to get to much on top of the club (making it a strong grip causing me to hit hooks and sometimes even snap hooks.) I have to make a very conscious effort to make my grip feel uncomfortable before my left hand get down where it belongs. I was just wondering if anyone had a good way of going about getting my grip to line up were my left hand is not so Strong. Any advise is greatly appreciated. I have been working with my pro on it and when i take a lesson with him i can get it to go where it is suppose to be but then about 2-4 weeks later after the lesson it works it way back around to the top and then i start hooking th ball again. Thanks to anyone who has any advise for me.
What's In my bag:

Driver: R7 425CC 9.5° with 65 REAX (Co-designed by Fujikura) Mid Tip Stiff Flex

3-wood: Tight Lies Tour Model 15° with Proforce V2 stiff flex Made by UST Irons: GRADS MP (3-PW) Rifle Flighted ShaftsWedges: 52° (standard bounce), 56° (standard bounce) & 58° (low bounce)...

I'm nowhere near a 5 handicap, but what about grips with markings? My taylormade grips have very clear markings and i use them to keep my left thumb in the right place to give me a very neutral grip.

Just a thought...
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I view the shot from behind the ball and hold the club vertical (toe in the air) with my right hand and bring my left hand in from the SIDE. Once I like where the placement is, I bring the right hand into postion. While this is happening, the shaft is aiding in downrange aim and target finding.

I actually pay close attention to this detail before every shot - practice and while playing - it eliminates a variable when diagnosing bad shots . . .

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

A simple technique you can use is by looking at your left hand when on the club (for Right handers), you should only see a little of the left knuckle on your index finger. If you are seeing 2-3 knuckles your grip is probably too strong.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!