IGNORED

Rules Question

Dent
Note: This thread is 5835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The other day I had a situation where I did not know what to do.

On my approach shot I hit an 8 iron, which went over the green. What I did not know was that the back half of the green was being repaired and was all just soil, My ball landed in the soil and I sure wasnt going to play it to wreck the raked flat surface.

There was no sign at all, and on both sides were hills with bunkers. I moved no closer to the hole but sideways onto the hill, but when I dropped it it rolled onto the green, eventually I got it to stay after another drop on the hill.

I'm not really educated on advanced rules, but I'm wondering If I had this sitauation again what would i do? There was grass about 50 yards behind the mud green but that would be moving it waayyy back.

what would I do here?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The other day I had a situation where I did not know what to do.

You have to drop within one club length of the nearest relief no nearer to the hole. The nearest relief would be the closest place out of the GUR (ground under repair) that is not closer to the hole and not in a hazard. Remember that relief might not be in the grass, it could be hardpan, dirt whatever. Its just the closest area outside of the GUR. As for the ball rolling onto the green if that was the closest relief you drop twice if it rolls onto the green both times you get to place the ball where it landed the second time.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Alright so I was correct, I dropped about a clubs length if not more, no nearer to the hole, which would be on the hill,

but what If when i drop it it rolls onto the green?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Alright so I was correct, I dropped about a clubs length if not more, no nearer to the hole, which would be on the hill,

Check my first post I edited it to answer that question.

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

it CAN roll onto the green if it doesn't roll nearer to the hole though correct? So if the pin is cut front right and the ball rolls off the hill towards the back and onto the green you use that placement correct?
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

it CAN roll onto the green if it doesn't roll nearer to the hole though correct? So if the pin is cut front right and the ball rolls off the hill towards the back and onto the green you use that placement correct?

No, it cannot roll onto the putting green.

Rules for redropping are found here Rule 20-2 c
A dropped ball must be re-dropped, without penalty, if it:

Note: This thread is 5835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!