IGNORED

what drivers have reached max moi

GOLFSALOT00
Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

some drivers have reached the 5900 limit but on some drivers its a hard to find fact

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

The burner and I think last years cobras were pretty high moi

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

Nike Sumo^2 5900 and the Cobra L4V are the ones claiming 5900 g-cm^2, though anything 460 cc in the last 2, 3, 4 years is going to be awfully forgiving. MOI alone is not a perfect measure of forgiveness -- where the mass is distributed is just as important and the number. I can make a driver that has very high MOI but would be neigh on impossible to use -- just put two big lumps of mass one on the bottom right and the other on the top left -- that thing would have a high MOI (lots of mass away from the center of mass) but would be a truly terrible design for forgiveness and ball flight purposes.

Also, there is a law of limiting returns in force here. The difference to any human being between an MOI of 5500 and 5900 is negligible. Eeking out every last MOI and remaining conforming really has no actual effect when the club is in our hands. It is done primarily for marketing reasons. Callaway's drivers aren't at 5900, but I guarantee that they are still good drivers. Same for Bridgestone, Srixon, TaylorMade, Mizuno, etc.

Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!