IGNORED

Dubai Golf

Note: This thread is 5834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all,

Just got back from a visit to Dubai where i saw some of the plans for the Golfing industry out there.
Looks amazing, has anyone else been?

I got a private tour of the new ELs club was excellent

P

I'm living in Dubai at the moment, and the future of golf here looks amazing! There are about 9 new courses planned to open in the next few years.

Cannot wait for them, as at the moment, getting a round booked is near impossible (I tried booking on either course at Emirates 40 days in advance and NO times available for the entire weekend)

Summer is coming though, and as temps rise, prices fall. Looking at a summer membership at Emirates or Four Seasons. Four Seasons includes lessons, but only mid-week golf, while Emirates is golf only but 7 days a week... Similar prices. Decisions decisions!

have not been to the Els club - I got the details of membership via e-mail and almost choked. Very expensive, but from what I understand, you can then sell your membership place for a % of the market value back to the club.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Yeah I see what you mean, not enough courses there, dont worry I never played the course, just had a buggy look around.

Have you seen the plans for the 4 Jumeirah courses and Golf city?

Thinking of moving to Dubai myelf if I can get a job offer

P

The Jumeirah Golf Estates courses sound superb. Home to the European PGA I think. The end of season big money (European?) tour event is to be played on one of the courses from what I hear.

I saw houses at the Golf Estates for sale... tripple garage; 2 for your cars, and 1 for the included golf buggy. Nice.

Not heard much on golf city yet

Just got my membership at Emirates, and the wife apparently wants me to get value out of it so is going to kick me to the course each night for 9 holes. Cannot wait!

Would recommend Dubai - its expensive, stressfull and fast paced, but my wife and I really enjoy being here.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Note: This thread is 5834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!