IGNORED

First 9 holes with new clubs

mindspin
Note: This thread is 5792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went to the course for the first time with my new Big Bertha Irons and Big Bertha 460. I played my irons very well, but had a wicked bad time with the driver... hard slices to the left (im lefty). My putting was also suspect but I'm going to blame my putter . Overall i was happy with my play considering this was my first time out in about 6 or 7 years.

Any tips on how to straighten out my Driver?

Bag: Warbird Hot Stand
Big Bertha 460
Big Bertha Irons
2-Ball putter

I love my set and I love the driver as well. Without seeing your swing and setup, make sure you've got the ball far enough forward. What causes your slice is probably the face of the club being open at impact vs square. Moving your stance a little forward may be all the adjustment you need. But do yourself a favor, go out to the driving range and work on it and analyze what is happening during your swings. If you don't feel comfortable with that approach, by all means seek advise from a professional instructor. In most cases they will see things that you wouldn't be able to for a hundred rounds.

Good luck and let us know how you progress. A year ago I maxed out at a 36.4 HC index, today I'm at a 26.8 and am still improving.

David C.

David C. Cleveland

In My Bag:

Driver: Big Bertha 4603 Wood: Big BerthaHybrid: Rescue Dual 3 19 degreeIrons: Big Bertha 2006Wedges: x forged mdPutter: 33 inch Natalie center shaftedBall: HX TourHome Course: Wellshire Golf Course, Denver, COVisit my musings at...

I got a BB460 this year and I have been having some slicing issues too. It is me though and not the club. There are lots of threads already discussing how to fix your slice, just do a search.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Light grip,make sure your turning your shoulders and not over swinging and brace that left leg so you don't go back with the club on your back swing.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

but had a wicked bad time with the driver...

definitive proof that you are from mass

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!