IGNORED

Do you want a Laker's vs Celtics finals?

eberryhill7
Note: This thread is 5817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you want a Laker's vs Celtics finals?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

I don't care who plays as long as the celtics wins

Im a big fan of hard work and determination. The Celt's big 3 have all worked hard and I feel like that have not gotten the pay-off they deserve. I have to pull for my boys.

PS, Im an old school Paul Pierce fan. I have the same nickname as Kevin Garnett (KG). And Ray Allen's got game (You've all seen the movie).
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

Lakers vs. Pistons...don't forget there is history there as well, including recent history.

i think the lakers/celtics is a bigger rivalary than lakers/pistons....

i think the pistons biggest rivalry was against the bulls... if my memory serves correct...

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Two guys who were the subject of trade talks, last year, Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce, are now going to battle for the NBA Championship. I don't think anyone thought a year ago this would be possible.

Let's see how the Laker faithful treat Pierce. He's a hometown boy, from Inglewood, coming home.

The series will be decided by Lamar Odom and Kendrick Perkins. Whoever has the bigger series will go home a champ.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Lakers in 6 over Celtics.

"You only live twice, this might be your second time."

907D2 8.5degree, UST V2 Stiff
F50 3wood
19degree rescue 3-pw Burner TP 56degree zip wedge, low bounce c56 putterI have PROV1's for sale, contact me!

Not a huge Kobe fan, but the dude is amazing. I hate Boston and everything the word revolves around. I hope LA wins and I think they will in six games.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Why do you think the celtics shouldn't be there? They had the most wins in the regular season and have consistently got it done at home in the playoffs.

Well we got what some of us wanted. Personally I'm pumped about the finals! All of this star power and history, it should be great. I think that everyone will take care of business at home until the Lakers steal game 7 in Boston.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

Why do you think the celtics shouldn't be there? They had the most wins in the regular season and have consistently got it done at home in the playoffs.

And the best road record in the NBA, too. All that talk about not winning on the road and they smacked Detroit, twice, at the Palace.

The Celtics are a dynamite team with nitpicky flaws...just like the Lakers. The two best teams are in the Finals. I don't know how anyone can argue this point.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Agreed that the two best teams are there. Give the edge to the Celtics, but would not be surprised at all to see the Lakers take it.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Celts, too much Rondo.

what? rondo is good something but can be REAL bad other times.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Lakers in 6. Kobe gonna be playoff MVP. Eat it haters...

Two guys who were the subject of trade talks, last year, Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce, are now going to battle for the NBA Championship.

Kobe and Pierce are good friends. they said at the beginning of the season they bet each other who would get traded first. and now they are gonna be at the finals. oh how things have changed for the best.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

For the past few years, basketball has been boring. The only teams that were fun to watch were the Suns and the Mavericks because they ran. The basketball scores in the 70's...just sad.

I think that had to attribute to the fact that you had alot of young players in the league who had yet to mature and learn how to play the NBA style. Now that they've matured a bit, basketball is starting to get a whole lot better.

I hate the Pistons, let alone I hate everything about Detroit, so I was rooting for the Celtics all the way (plus im a huge fan of Allen and Garnett). I was also rooting for the Lakers because I just wanted something different than San Antonio (even though they're a good team). It's great to see the triangle offense run flawlessly again as it brings back memories of the good old Bulls days. With that, there's a great deal to see how these guys are going to match up:

Derek Fisher vs Rajon Rondo
veteran vs youth, speed vs tirckiness
Edge: Fisher

Kobe Bryant vs Ray Allen
The MVP vs Jesus Shuttlesworth (He Got Game movie). You have two great shooters and it seems like even though Kobe is pretty much automatic, Ray Allen seems to be coming alive at the right time
Edge: Bryant

Lamar Odom vs Paul Pierce
This is really even, but if Tayshawn Prince couldnt stop Pierce, then I dont think Odom is gonna fare much better. Pierce also has a huge chip on his shoulder as he is from the LA area and he's gonna prove that the local boy made good on goal
Edge: Pierce

Pau Gasol vs Kevin Garnett
I think this is where the series is going to be determined. Kevin Garnett is all everything and for the past few years, when Gasol was on the Grizzlies, he was able to mess with Gasol's head. I think Gasol has alot to prove, but at the same time, Garnett is going to be a beast this series.
Edge: Garnett

Rony Turriaf vs Kendrick Perkins
Perkins has more offensive game and is coming along great under the eye of Garnett. I expect him to continue the way he played vs Detroit as that was a huge confidence boost for him. Too bad Bynum is playing or else this would go to the Lakers
Edge: Perkins

Bench
My pick here is that it's even. Sasha, Walton, Vladmir are gonna play pivitol roles, but so are Posey, Powe, and Cassell. Honestly, I think the benches are going to be even.

My pick:
Boston in 6 (barely). I think this entire series is going to be based on how Pau Gasol matches up with Kevin Garnett. If he can continue his play against Garnett the way he's played against Camby, Boozer, and Kurt Thomas, the Lakers are going to win. But i'm not banking on it. I think Garnett is going to all out like he did during his MVP year and really show what he's made of. I personally think he's going to shred Gasol apart, and anyone else the Lakers throw at him. He handled Rasheed Wallace and he's more athletic than Gasol, so i think Garnett is going to average 25-30 and 15 in the series...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

Sorry, if you think the Celtics have the edge, I don't know what basketball you have been watching. The Celtics are not that great and if the Pistons actually wanted to play for once they could've been in the finals. It's probably going to be Lakers in five but I'll call the sweep. Either way, the finals end in LA (I think people forget basketball does 2-3-2).

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

I just think the Celtics are going to win it out, thats all. Maybe I dont know what on earth im talking about, or maybe i do. Thats just how i see it...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

Sorry, if you think the Celtics have the edge, I don't know what basketball you have been watching. The Celtics are not that great and if the Pistons actually wanted to play for once they could've been in the finals. It's probably going to be Lakers in five but I'll call the sweep. Either way, the finals end in LA (I think people forget basketball does 2-3-2).

Hmm, maybe he thinks the Celts have the edge because they punched the Lakers in the mouth, twice, this season? Or it's because when people were saying the Celts could not win on the road they went and beat Detroit twice at the Palace? Nevermind that the Celts had the best record in the NBA and the best road record in the NBA. They were the best team over 82 games and are now in the Finals. I don't see how the Celts are not that great. What do they need to do to prove it? That's right. Winning it all. Celts in six.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

haha pierce cant stop chanting.. even though I'm an LA fan this will be a VERY close series

Note: This thread is 5817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!