IGNORED

I'm DYING to talk college football

hoofreak7
Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 > 4

No kidding. It's not hard to win championships with the questionable tactics they had back when they WERE winning them. If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a little research on Bear Bryant.

As for bandwagon fans, I still think it's funny that you can call me that without knowing a thing about me Out of curiosity, on what grounds am I a bandwagon fan?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding. It's not hard to win championships with the questionable tactics they had back when they WERE winning them. If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a little research on Bear Bryant.

I really don't have a dog in this hunt as I'm not a bama fan, but what tactics are you talking about? I've lived 90 miles from Tuscaloosa all my life and have no idea what your talking about. Back in Bear's day, they could basically recruit all the players they wanted. Didn't have the scholarship limits that they do today. When the NCAA started putting limits on the number of scholarships a school could offer, UA's dominating success started to decline. I believe that was somewhat towards the end of Bear's career.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the year in college football. I hope my Miss State dogs can manage to have another winning season. Would love to see them slip in another bowl. That would do wonders for recruiting. Recruiting is already going well for 2009. We are dominating in the state of MS which we have not done for a long time. Winning sure helps in that department.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

First, Princeton is the all-time leader in football national championships if you consider all championships awarded in all years. Alabama is notorious for counting the Birmingham newspaper's title as a "national" championship.

Second, pro football using college as such a major recruiting ground and offering major rookie contracts in the early 80s (see USFL) killed the Alabama-Notre Dame model. Players were no longer willing to sit on the bench to win for legendary programs when they could get big bonuses starting for 3-4 years as a big fish in a small pond. Money, not scholarships, killed the Bear Bryant school of recruiting.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

As for bandwagon fans, I still think it's funny that you can call me that without knowing a thing about me

I never called you a bandwagon fan. That was the other guy.

In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

How long are you going to keep playing the "cheating" card? Lame excuse.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Here's a GREAT link
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

How is offering scholarships to the best athletes cheating?

The NCAA was a lot more lax about scholarships and the division between college and professional athletes. If you want to blame someone for the success of Notre Dame and Alabama, you need to blame the NCAA.

Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

How is offering scholarships to the best athletes cheating?

Funny, the word success and ND, Alabama isn't exactly synonymous these days.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Heard about Wendell Smith recently?

And Reggie Bush and Rhett Bomar and half of USC's players and most of the major schools in the country, likely including both Georgia and Georgia Tech.

Everyone does it and when you get caught you face penalties.

If it wasn't true it would be different.

Need a tissue to cry in?

Stick behind Georgia Southern. I'm sure you're boasting for GT because of their recent success. I stick right with Bama. No matter how their performance of late has been. Not going to turn into a worthless Buckeyes bandwagon fan like the rest of Ohio.

---"Be the ball"---

Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Heard about Wendell Smith recently?

Aren't you Mr. "Who cares about the past. We only talk about recent stats?"

Are you naive enough to think illegal recruiting doesn't happen at all big schools?

---"Be the ball"---

Funny, the word success and ND, Alabama isn't exactly synonymous these days.

Funny. The Big 10 gets their tails handed to them by the SEC and you are here running your mouth? Alabama's last two bowl games against Big 10 opponents....2-0. Took down Michigan and OSU both.

---"Be the ball"---

Need a tissue to cry in?

Recent success? Have you followed college football lately? GT has only won more than 7 games ONCE recently.

Aren't you Mr. "Who cares about the past. We only talk about recent stats?"

I was trying to cater to your Bama logic by talking about the past

Recent success? Have you followed college football lately? GT has only won more than 7 games ONCE recently.

Hence...recent. Nice try at a cover-up.

---"Be the ball"---

Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!