IGNORED

Trouble Shots

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was out playing today and noticed a few situations I had trouble with.

Thick rough lies: I would shank the ball. Ball goes very low and slices about 20-30 yards.

Ball is 1/4 or 1/2 buried: Can't get a clean shot on these.

« Keith »

What club are you trying to play them with?

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

shanks can happen to anyone. all that is, is your hosel is stricking the ball and not your club face. it happens to me a lot. you may be swinging harder and trying to go after it when your ball is in the rough. although most shanks i see are from tight lies. just keep yor arms close to your body and dont let them get away from you and you wont shank it.

in my J-bag
DRIVER HS 9 8.5*
WOODS Pro Trajectory 980F 13* and 19*
IRONS MP-32
WEDGES Vokey Design Oil Can 52* 56* 60*PUTTER Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

If its deep rough, power through it. Have a steeper swing and hit down on the ball.

If this doesn't work, just use anywhere from a 6 Iron Under to punch it out.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Mine is when a ball sits high on deep rough and I'm 30-40 yards from the green and I need to use a open wedge (green is uphill with a bunker in front).

Basically, what happens is that the clubface actually goes completely underneath the ball and the ball flies maybe half of what it was supposed to do.

Not sure how to handle that since I can't use the bounce of the wedge.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

with a shot like that you need to use a gap wedge or maybe a sand wedge and close your clubface down. you dont need to open it up. and just land it on the green. that type of shot will usually have some spin on it and will check up

in my J-bag
DRIVER HS 9 8.5*
WOODS Pro Trajectory 980F 13* and 19*
IRONS MP-32
WEDGES Vokey Design Oil Can 52* 56* 60*PUTTER Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!