IGNORED

Kingsbarns, Scotland

Note: This thread is 5957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If anyone from outside the UK is planning a golf trip to Scotland, put this course right at the top of the list.

A magnificent links course 6 miles south of St.Andrews.

Really, I was there on Thursday for the second time and 80% of the tee times are taken by americans on golf trips, all of them I spoke to preferred this over the old course.

One day it will be used for the open, I guarantee it.

http://www.kingsbarns.com/

One of my absolute, all-time favorites. I played Kingsbarns the afternoon after I played the Old Course. Don't ask me which I liked better because I loved them both for very different reasons. But Kingsbarns really took my breath away man. I went in with an open mind having just played what was for me the course at the top of my "most want to play" list....but Kingsbarns was just special. Such a gorgeous links layout in a classic ocean setting. It was one of those courses where, as you reach the next tee box, you kind of have to just chuckle out loud to yourself at the views and it seemed I did this every damn hole. I have a gorgeous picture of the links and the ocean hanging here in my office. Can't wait to play it again. Thanks for reminding me!

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

definitely the most underrated course over there...I was very impressed with it. 15 is an amazing hole, especially if the pin is over to the right where it requires a bigger carry over the water. I probably wouldn't play it over the Old Course, but I would play it over anything else near there. I still think Muirfield, Carnoustie and the Old Course are the best over there. Kingsbarns, North Berwick, Gullane and probably the new Castle Course are the 2nd tier, but I'd put Kingsbarns at the top of that tier.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

Note: This thread is 5957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!