IGNORED

Golf Ettiquete

Hoovedawg
Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

People always talk about how they cant stand seeing someone wait 230 yards out and to wait for the green to clear. Everyone always says they should go ahead and hit, because the person will probablly top the ball 15 yards. When I'm standing 230 out from the green I always wait. Yeah I'll only get near or on the green, probablly 2 times out of 10, but to me it seem better to be safe that sorry. What do you all think about this.

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff
Halo 19 Degree Hybrid Stiff
BH-5 3-PW Stiff SV Tour 52 Degree Stiff Rac Chrome 56 Degree Stiff Scotty Cameron Oil Can Santa Fe 33" Burner

People always talk about how they cant stand seeing someone wait 230 yards out and to wait for the green to clear. Everyone always says they should go ahead and hit, because the person will probablly top the ball 15 yards. When I'm standing 230 out from the green I always wait. Yeah I'll only get near or on the green, probablly 2 times out of 10, but to me it seem better to be safe that sorry. What do you all think about this.

You will never hit anyone in the head with a ball by over-estimating how far you can hit it.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I never feel like I am being hit into if the ball is rolling. So if they are at my limit and the only way it will get to them is on the roll than I go for it. With that being said if there is a chance that the ball could fly through them then no way. You are right safety first. And I have had people come and complain because my ball landed 10-20 yards behind them. I guess if people don't understand the rules, they will make their own up.

In the bag:
Driver-:Launcher
Hybrid-:Srixon hybrids 3
Irons 4-PW-:
Wedges- Callaway X-tour "Mack Daddies"Putter-:mizuno bettinardiBall- Pro V1 ZUR c Bridgestone B330SThey call me the bus driver cuz I'll be taken your ass to school!!!!

the least you can do is roll up hard to their feet, it shouldn't kil them.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

You will never hit anyone in the head with a ball by over-estimating how far you can hit it.

hahahahahahaha!

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

i'm guilty of this... yesterday it was a short..and I mean SHORT par 4.
240 up hill with the wind blowing towards the hole. I was like up hill 20 feet, I'll just hit it and get the ball close to the green.
they were some pissed off people when it landed on the green.
that was the 2nd time i hit into them...the 1st time..they were on the green on a blind 2nd shot on a par 5.... i thought if i waited 15 minutes for them after they disappeared..that they'd be finished..and i thought i heard someone tee off for the following hole...yeah i felt like a dick after... but i'm saying...
YOU SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING SUNDAY GOLF IF
1. it takes you 5 minutes to hit a tee shot. (1 of their guys in the group kept on skulling shots into the trees..and would run..find the shot..then tee up that ball again)
2. if you shoot over 100, please let people play through and your group is teeing off from both men's and women's tees
3. if your straight tee shot goes no further than 50 yards.

DO NOT PLAY SUNDAY PRIME TIME GOLF AT 11AM when everyone's trying to finish up and be home by dinner!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

If you opt to go ahead and hit, it'll be the one time you hit it square and make "a career shot". Don't ever hit into anyone. Whether the ball is just rolling or not, it's just going to cause problems. If you're going to lay up, then fine, but if the green is your target, it's your intention to hit the green and there are people on it then you've got to wait.

In my bag:
Launcher 460 9 degree aldila stiff shaft
13 degree fairway wood aldila stiff shaft
Halo 2i hybrid stiff shaft
CG4 irons 4 thru PW regular graphite shaftsCG10 wedges 52,56, and 60 degreeOdyssey Putter #4

If you opt to go ahead and hit, it'll be the one time you hit it square and make "a career shot".

I like the sound of that. Can I pay someone to stand 200 odd yards in front of me at all times?

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

If you're 220-230 out from a green its not going to hurt you to wait the extra minute or so for the green to clear. When im in this situation i'll start my pre shot routine the momment the flag is planted, and by the time the ball arrives they should be gone. If they're not, well thats their problem isnt it?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Who says that?

If there is a chance your good shot will reach the group ahead of you, don't hit. That is proper golf etiquette. Even if you cannot reach them, just get it close. If the group ahead is going to be distracted or notice the ball being hit up to them, then don't hit. And anybody complaining about the person waiting for clearance is the one displaying poor etiquette.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I never feel like I am being hit into if the ball is rolling. So if they are at my limit and the only way it will get to them is on the roll than I go for it.

Why even push that limit? Just wait.

The only time this is an issue is when the course is slow anyway. Waiting an extra 5 minutes for a group to putt out isn't going to slow your round down, you are going to catch that group at the next hole anyway. There shouldn't be 3 groups on a hole anyway. If you are in the fairway, and the other is on the green, the group on the tee should be waiting until the group on the green is finished putting. And amen to the poster with the rant on Sunday golf!!

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Who says that?

If someone is going to notice a ball being hit up on them then they are lolly gagging and not paying attention to getting through the hole. Agree? And if a 8 handicap is waiting for the green to clear that is one thing but if a 30 handicapper is waiting it is BS. Know your ability and play to it.

In the bag:
Driver-:Launcher
Hybrid-:Srixon hybrids 3
Irons 4-PW-:
Wedges- Callaway X-tour "Mack Daddies"Putter-:mizuno bettinardiBall- Pro V1 ZUR c Bridgestone B330SThey call me the bus driver cuz I'll be taken your ass to school!!!!

DO NOT PLAY SUNDAY PRIME TIME GOLF AT 11AM when everyone's trying to finish up and be home by dinner!

No disrespect intended, but I don't consider 11am Sunday to be Prime Time. I think Prime Time is more like 6-9am Sundays, and maybe 6-10 or 11 on Saturdays. That's where you find the majority of the regulars, as evidenced by the fact that these tee times are the toughest to get.

As for the OP question, I would wait, I don't see anything wrong with that as long as you are not waiting for that once in a lifetime shot. Play the odds. A 1-in-20 chance to hit into them is different than a 1-in-1000.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

If someone is going to notice a ball being hit up on them then they are lolly gagging and not paying attention to getting through the hole. Agree? And if a 8 handicap is waiting for the green to clear that is one thing but if a 30 handicapper is waiting it is BS. Know your ability and play to it.

Nicely said. Personally I would wait.

If someone is going to notice a ball being hit up on them then they are lolly gagging and not paying attention to getting through the hole. Agree?

No, I don't agree. If a group is putting out, they will notice if you tuck one up there 20 yds from them. I would notice.

A lot depends on the pace of play and such. If it is a twilight round, everybody trying to bust in as many holes as possible, a nice pace, then it is not as big a deal. But if it is an NYC Sunday round taking 5.5 hours, I would be pissed if somebody was hitting up to the green while I was putting. What's the rush, we're not going anywhere, and you're not going anywhere either. If it is the group that is causing the back-up, that is different than if the course is backed up, in my opinion. Hit into the group causing a back up all you want.

What's in the bag

No disrespect intended, but I don't consider 11am Sunday to be Prime Time. I think Prime Time is more like 6-9am Sundays, and maybe 6-10 or 11 on Saturdays. That's where you find the majority of the regulars, as evidenced by the fact that these tee times are the toughest to get.

I guess your times are different from over here. Courses are usually basically filled until the 2PM time on weekends. After that, it's all walk on's being called...but 99% of the time, it's impossible to get a tee time before 2pm at a lot of the courses I play.

I wish it were different, but you're looking at sometimes playing a 5.5 hour round on saturday or sunday during prime hours.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Although the chances of me hitting the green 230 out are slim, I still wouldn't chance it. I'm not in a race and I know the feeling when you have an overanxious group on your heels while your on the green.

I guess your times are different from over here. Courses are usually basically filled until the 2PM time on weekends. After that, it's all walk on's being called...but 99% of the time, it's impossible to get a tee time before 2pm at a lot of the courses I play.

I too wish that courses would play faster on Sat and Sun. I guess my opinion on Prime Time has to do with what I can get here in Denver, as you said. I can book tee times 6 days in advance on most courses here, and if you wait until 4 days ahead, you won't get anything before 10 or 11 o'clock. But there are definitely courses that get booked up to 2pm, so maybe you've got a point!

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!