IGNORED

What custom length irons are you using?

Note: This thread is 5743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

im short at 5'5" i play my irons 1/2 inch short and standard lie

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

For you guys with extra length clubs, did you get lighter shafts to compensate for the additional length? I'm +1" and play Dynamic Gold W/sensicore s300 shafts and I think they are too heavy and hurting my clubhead speed. For people with hybirds, did you add length to them as well? I'm wondering if I should.

I have a question about club fitting. At the moment right now, my swing is a little out of tune, I'm working on getting it flatter so I can get rid of that "over the top" movement and the inherint slice/fade that comes with it.

Now if I go get fitted for clubs before these changes take place to my swing, are they gonna fit the clubs to combat my slice? Because i don't want them to. I basically want a set of clubs setup for my height and then I want to hone my swing in from there. I don't want clubs setup to promote a draw(to fight the slice) or something like that because then if I get my swing fine tuned I'll be hitting a draw when I should be hitting it straight.

Anyone catch that?

Can they do that or is it not possible if I don't have the good swing that I want at the time I get fitted for clubs?

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm 6'1 and play + 3/4"

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

i totally hear you about fixing your swing before fixing your clubs.

i'm in the process of some major rehauling with my game and although I KNOW that getting my clubs lenghtened and fit (either 3/4 or 1 inch longer than standard), i also know that i don't want to spend any more money on new equipment until my game is where it needs to be!

question:

why would you play with clubs that don't fit you? You'll develop bad habits, such as crouching over to much, taking a totally different swing, in other words you're going to get used to hitting the clubs that don't fit you. Why would you not get your clubs fitted and then work on your swing with clubs that fit you. It's really not that hard to do.

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

because i like the clubs i have and if i'm going to go bother and get fitted, i'm going to spend $2000 and get a whole new set of irons/wedges/3 wood and driver.

because i like the clubs i have and if i'm going to go bother and get fitted, i'm going to spend $2000 and get a whole new set of irons/wedges/3 wood and driver.

well, more power to you, good luck.

damn, all you white guys are tall!! lol

I'm not white, I'm native american! lol

i am 6'1 using MP2 with +1/4 longer and 2 degree upright :)

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

As a newbie, I started out with used regular length/lie angle graphite irons. Worked with my teacher, who is also a very experienced fitter. I am 6'2", with 37.25" wrist-to-floor measurement. Tried various demo clubs of different lengths and lie angle.

We went with: +1" length; +1 lie angle.

Has made all the difference in the world. Cannot recommend fitting highly enough.

Regards,

Steve

question:

That's what I'm trying to say, I want clubs that are just fitted for my height, not to attempt to fix my swing. What do they all change on the clubs when they fit them for a taller person, just the length of the shaft and the lie angle? Does anything that they do to the clubs to fit them to a taller person change the flight path of the ball?

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's what I'm trying to say, I want clubs that are just fitted for my height, not to attempt to fix my swing. What do they all change on the clubs when they fit them for a taller person, just the length of the shaft and the lie angle? Does anything that they do to the clubs to fit them to a taller person change the flight path of the ball?

They change the length of the shaft to fit your height. Several measurements factor into this. Such as your height and wrist-to-floor measurement. Also your hand measurement can be used to determine grip size. They'd also change the lie angle if needed. It makes the club sit right on the ground as opposed to lying on the heel or on the toe if to short or to long.

As a newbie, I started out with used regular length/lie angle graphite irons. Worked with my teacher, who is also a very experienced fitter. I am 6'2", with 37.25" wrist-to-floor measurement. Tried various demo clubs of different lengths and lie angle.

It is important to post the wrist to floor measurement in shoes. This is more important than height since it determines how far your club has to actually go to hit the ground. I think most men, no matter how tall, are in the 34-36" range.

Me=6-0, 37.5" wrist to floor. Irons (not fitted! bought on Ebay!) +1/2" , lie=? probably standard. I have been fitted by several different people dynamically and got anywhere from 4 degrees upright +1/2" (close to static fitting) to 2 degrees upright +1/4". Debating on either getting irons bent or saving for new clubs. But for now, only enough $$ to work on swing mechanics at range!

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

I need to get my irons fitted would Golf Galaxy be ok or do these big shops tend to not have guys who really know what they are doing?

----------------------------
In the Grom:

Driver: Sasquatch 9.5 Mitsubishi Diamana XS
3 Wood: Bubble Burner (needs to be replaced immediately)7 Wood: Steelhead IIIIrons: CG1 Black Pearls 2-PWWedges: 650 - 56 degree; 60 degree Putter: White Hot XG9 33"Ball: ProV1

I'm 6'1". MY fitter told me +1" and 2* upright. I actually found the set of clubs I wanted used basically...2*, 1/2" over (not the 1") and grip 1/32 over. Just got them, but they feel great. The gripsize alone feels better.

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

i have a brand new hof driver shaft at home and i have no driver to put it in, so i was thinking about buying a 1 iron of ebay and sticking the driver shaft in, could be some club

watch out for the stinger when that puppy gets built

Note: This thread is 5743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!